SkyWest Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LivingToFly

Does anyone know how firm SkyWest is about their age 21 requirement? I just turned 20, do I need to wait another year? I meet all the other minimums. I have 1500 TT, including 1250 MEL, and part 121. Andy, any idea? Thanks a lot for the help!!!

oh to have that problem!

Thats great!! Oh to have your "problem"! That much time at your age..if you can be patient, you'll be all set for life! (although I'm sure there will me many 'hills and valleys')...
I don't know about Skywest for sure, but it woud be my guess that you would have to meet that age restriction..at least for employment..not necessarily the interview I would think...
Have a great career!!

I have seen a 19 and a 20 yr old slip through (each had a Bachelor's degree already) and were awesome students. I suspect there will be no more under 21 make it past our employment doorstep.

Andy Neill wrote:
I have seen a 19 and a 20 yr old slip through (each had a Bachelor's degree already)

One would think that, if they are intelligent enough to obtain a degree that early in life, they would be smart enough to steer clear of aviation! :)

Actually, one of them left the company and was last seen flying a Citation X around the world as the chase plane for the record setting balloon flight.

Latest resources

Back