Skywest Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyingnome

I know a lot of people have recently gone over to Skywest, and well I have my interview finally on April 16th. Just looking for any help whatsoever. I already have an idea of what to expect for the sim section/approaches, but I am more looking into insight into the 90 minute interview and the 50 question test...

Anyone?

It's pretty straight forward like all of the gouges say. The written test is straight out of the ATP written with a 20 question mechanical aptitude test. For the one-on-one I would suggest stuyding and preparing like you would for any other interview. Expect to answer questions about your current ac systems, basic FARs, weather and Jepps. Any of the interview prep websites will give you the same basic information. Good luck on it, I start class there that day.

sounds good I am studying the best I can, but I have been out of the IFR environment for over a year and a half so I am definitely gettin nervous

Have you done any simulator practice? They recommend getting some Frasca 142 or ATC 810 experience. It really doesn't matter what it's in as far as I'm concerned. They don't fail an engine on you so you could do it in a Frasca 141 and make it the same speed, final approach at 125. That would be best for getting your scan back and just learning how to fly a sim again, they're so touchy.

i second all hunter said, www.aviationinterviews.com has everything you need from previous gouges, know jepps backward and forward, far/aim/ac systems and as far as hr, speak from your experience and BE HONEST!
Good luck, I also start class that day!

thanks guys, luckly I have a lot of expirience in Frasca 141,142s from Riddle so hopefully that will help. I have heard that if I get there early and head over to American Aviation they have an ATC810 available to shoot approches, which is my plan for now.

also I just went through the King IFR review DVD's last night and found that it came back really fast I didnt realize how much I remember. I will check out aviationinterviews as well thanks again. hopefully I will see you guys there sometime this summer/fall...

Hey I checked out the American Aviation place and it's really expensive, something like 120 an hour. The way I look at it is one sim is a just like anyother sim, mostly you're worried about your scan.

Latest resources

Back