Skywest IAH Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

michael

I used to fly the 120 out of IAH for CoEx. I was wondering...

If all of the gossip is true, and if I get an interview with SkyWest, and if I get hired, in the spirit of thinking a few steps ahead, can someone give me some info on Skywest?

I currently live in Portland, OR and was wondering if that is a base for 120 crews. If so, how senior is it? Could a new hire potentially hold it?

Thanks...

Michael,
One of my best friends flys the 120 for SkyWest out of southern Cali and is originally from Portland, which is where I live now also. He has told me that the SkyWest base in Portland is all 120 but is also VERY senior, a new hire has a VERY slim chance of holding a spot here in Portland. Although, he also said that after about 6 months of being with SkyWest you can bid for the Portland spot and have a pretty good chance at getting it, but you would be most likely on reserve for the beginning parts. Hope this helps. If you have more questions just ask, and I'll ask my buddy.
Joe

I live in Portland & work for Skyw. PDX is indeed a senior base, but you would probably be able to transfer here as a E120 f.o. within in 6-9 mos. Currently there are about 25 E120 crews based in PDX (no rj's based here). Other E120 bases are SLC, DEN, FAT, SAN, SBP, PSP, SBA. SLC & DEN are relatively easy commutes from PDX.

Latest resources

Back