Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
A cfi from the flight school branch of my company is going to a Skywest group interview soon. I told the poor guy I would try and help him out. Most of my friends who work there don't know what is going on at the interviews. So far I'm not helping the guy.

I've tried using the search function but can't seem to find any specific info about the group interview.

So any recent experiences would be appreciated. I'm not asking for a gouge for questions. This guy has practically lived in a FAR/AIM book. I think he may need help with H.R. stuff and what to wear, things to avoid etc. Keep in mind this isn't the second interview just the roaming group interview that is on the mulit city tour...

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

The little big man

www.aviationinterviews.com

Probably old info but last I checked there were 3 parts to the Interview process. If he is going to an open house, for sure prepare for the writtens.

1. Writtens
121 atp questions only. No A/C questions or 135.
Mechanical aptitude= study asvab or some form of mechanical aptitude tests.
2. Technical= systems of current A/C, Weather, CRM, Aerodynamics, etc.

3. Sim Eval= ILS, HOLD, Call for your checklists.

Sorry its been about 6 years so I would check the other boards.

I went to the Chicago one a few weeks ago. Just a simple meet and great. Gave us a power point and we talked to the Capts there and the chief pilot as a group with any questions. We went through a detailed overview of the company and then they gave us the run down of what to expect during the real interview. After a break we were all called in and had a one on one HR interview with one of the three guys. Lasted about 10 mins and were simple questions like: What are you looking for, biggest set back in aviation, how correct is your log book....nothing to write home about.

Thanks for you replies. Seems to be a different opinion about what will happen at the group interview.

Its not like you can start studying for a airline interview too early but I let my buddy know he should pull his head out of the FAR/AIM, look into the company and think about H.R. questions a little bit.

Thanks again...

Latest resources

Back