Skywest/ExpressJet Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MYFpilot,

Very mature attitude. You will do great here.

For those of you in the pool why are being bypassed by Coex pilots know this: I interviewed Jan 01 and was told I would be hired by March. I had to wait 9 months to get hired on while all my buddies got hired at other airlines. Then 9-11. When they all got furloughed I got hired. It was frustrating to wait, but it was the best decision I ever made. This is a GREAT airline. Besides, you guys get to bid anywhere and the coex guys (and gals) will only be able to bid Coex flying (I believe), unless they resign their seniority at Coex for good.

And in 31 years SKYWEST HAS NEVER FURLOUGHED A SINGLE PILOT!!!

Good Luck to All

"...the coex guys (and gals) will only be able to bid Coex flying (I believe)"

No, actually, the Coex guys and gals will be able to bid any aircraft, anywhere in the system, just like any other newhire. Otherwise, there would be no room for current Skywest pilots in Houston since the number of Coex pilots hired is to be the same as the total number of pilots based there. And what about the Captains in IAH? It simply wouldn't work. This way everyone benefits since there are more options for everyone.

Everything else you said was right on, though. SkyWest is a great company. I look forward very much to working with you.

Jeepman said:
MYFpilot,

Very mature attitude. You will do great here.

For those of you in the pool why are being bypassed by Coex pilots know this: I interviewed Jan 01 and was told I would be hired by March. I had to wait 9 months to get hired on while all my buddies got hired at other airlines. Then 9-11. When they all got furloughed I got hired. It was frustrating to wait, but it was the best decision I ever made. This is a GREAT airline. Besides, you guys get to bid anywhere and the coex guys (and gals) will only be able to bid Coex flying (I believe), unless they resign their seniority at Coex for good.

And in 31 years SKYWEST HAS NEVER FURLOUGHED A SINGLE PILOT!!!

Good Luck to All

I personally am VERY PLEASED to have the POSSIBLE opportunity to fly for Skywest.

I do feel sorry for the poolies that may be bypassed by my having this opportunity.

As for it all being fair or not, I think it's as fair as it can be, considering the stupidity of it all. (Particularly on the part of Express management!)

On the one hand, there might/probably wouldn't be any poolie hiring at all right now if the "deal" hadn't been made.

The "deal" sucks from a Furloughed Express pilot standpoint, because if Express still had the 120's, we wouldn't be furloughed.

The "deal" sucks from a poolie perspective because these Express furloughs are taking some of the poolies rightfully hard won positions.

I applaud Skywest management for doing the fairest possible thing in a pretty unfair situation, hiring both groups simultaneously...

I'm not too sure what to think about CAL/Express management, but what I do think is definitely not as "positive" as what I think about Skywest's management... ;) :) ...I thinK...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back