Skywest/ExpressJet Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bjet Driver

I recieved a few PM's about the Tues. interviews. Just thought I would address the issue here.

We met with the SKYW folks on Tues. in IAH for interviews set up through the company. Everything went very well, and the Skywest reps. (HR, Line Pilot, Chief Pilot) were extremely nice. Matter of fact, it was a great experience for all of us XJT folks- the Skywest organization made an awesome first impression. I think the XJT people did the same though- we were all very excited about the opportunity. I think the SKYW people got a chance to see how badly we wanted the positions. There was a great vibe on both ends, and I think the deal is going to benefit both parties greatly.

Not sure how many exactly, but I know of 5 XJT folks that were offered a spot in the EMB class for next week. We are all very excited and look forward to meeting the rest of our co-workers. Informational packet from SKYW arrived today. We'll see you poolies next Wed. in SLC!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats to any of you who join SkyWest. I look forward to meeting you all. See ya in IAH. I'll be there July 1st.

Before I got hired at Express, I was taildragger CFI'ing in Portland, OR. I got a chance to meet and fly with quite a few Skywest people, FA's and Pilots.

What I think is interesting from my limited perspective, and contrary to some of the friction I've read on this board, is that the "culture" of both airlines seems pretty similiar.

You can say what you want about Dresser's interviews, but the line pilot's at Express are some of the nicest and most helpful people I've met, and ditto for the people I met at Skywest in PDX.

Glad to hear that things went well in IAH!

Did they tell you how long it would be before they got you done with sim? Anyone else out there in the class next week with more info on size?

Good Luck, see ya on the line!

MKAY!! ;) :D

So what is the deal?

Is the interview a meet and greet, is everyone being offered the job, or are some being passed over?

Rumors are that when Xjet pilots get called back to Xjet they have to go? Is this True?

Also how is this working out with the poolies.. Whats the ratio of poolies to Xjet, or are all the pollies going first as it should be?

I haven't heard anything about process from our Skywest brothers and sisters...

:D I hear its nice over there, I'll bet they won't want to go back

"...are all the poolies going first as it should be?"
No. The poolies aren't all going first. Why exactly is that 'as it should be'? Is this flame-bait, or do you really think that? Please explain.

Bluto,
I knew something like this was coming from that previous post. You must be an XJET guy. I can understand where you are coming from. You also have to understand where the other poolies are coming from. Those guys and gals interviewed with SkyWest and got hired before any of this stuff ever came along. They feel cheated because some of the XJET guys are getting jobs prior to them and they were "hired" first. That is not kosher with the seniority system. Please put yourself in their shoes before you call it flamebait. People in the pool usually get hired before other people. That is how the system has always worked.

Skywestdrvr,
I think that everyone at XJT realizes that. But, what the poolies need to realize is that the reason that the pool is finally starting to drain again is for the most part directly related to this new flying out of IAH. I say for the most part, because I realize that you are also growing your DL and UA operations as well. However, I do think that the XJT furloughees need to have first crack at these jobs given what is going on. I think that if I was a poolie, I would understand this. I might not like it, but I would understand.

So what are the conditions?
No one has said a word yet..
As far as poolies going first, well some just might have to disagree on that one.. Who owns this flying who owns that flying. I would be more than happy to see Xjet guys get on board at my company, but to think that your entitled, I just don't think thats reality. Maybe we would like to think that its fair, but in this industry we(pilots) do not own the routes we fly. Not flamebait, just my humble opinion.
My real question..
What are the conditions???????

Latest resources

Back