Skywest/CRJ/DFW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bjet Driver

How senior is the DFW/CRJ base at Skywest?? According to my packet, it's a "city served", not a pilot domicile. Looking at the route map at Skywest- you'd think there were some guys based there. Someone help clear this up for me??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I just happened to be doing a little research on this subject (thinking of bidding the jet) and I looked at the bid sheets for all CRJ domiciles. What follows are the approximate seniority numbers of the most junior jet FO lineholders (out of 1400 pilots) in each domicile for next month:

PSP 810
SMF 980
SBA 985
FAT 1160
DEN 1200
TUS 1400

DFW only has two reserve lines and the junior guy was around 1000.

I have heard recently that DFW will be a domicile "sometime soon," and those that fly there say it really needs to be, but as yet no word from SGU.

Thanks Rogue and PM.

Looks like I'll try the EMB in IAH. Thinking of trying a CLE commute; just trying to see how things are looking. Worst case scenario- pick up and move.

One more thing.....(for now);)

With the EMB/IAH being startup service, there's a reasonably good chance that most of the FO's who take the flying will hold some sort of line- correct??

Whoops! Yeah, there are a few CRJs flying out of SLC as well... (Around 160 lines)

SLC 1180.

Not enough caffeine this morning...

As far as newhire EMB F.O.s holding lines out of IAH, it all depends on if anyone senior decides to move out there. The last crew bid award message I saw had people all the way down at the bottom going there, and from what I've heard about the proposed future size of that domicile MANY pilots are going to be needed, so it should be very junior.

Last edited:
According to the June 1st seniority list and the latest class awards...

A pilot who is 4th from the bottom in the entire company was awarded a Captain slot in IAH. Not sure what number of IAH captains this represents, but I would figure that any new hire who wants IAH can get it if their assigned aircraft is the Brasilia. So, yes, I would call IAH VERY junior!!!

Just saw a Brasilia in FAT with the new paint scheme sitting in front of the hangar. Looks good with the CO livery.

Cheers!

GP

PSP is senior indeed for Captains and FO's. Only a small handful of EMB captains in IAH can hold even a reserve line as a FO on the jet there. The most junior Captain in PSP has been with the company about 14 years. Be a long time till I see it.

Latest resources

Back