• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Au contraire mon frere. SkyWest Airlines bonuses will be effected. They will not, however be affected.

Oooohhhh!

Ouch!

Yeooowww!

Buuurrrnnns!

Make it stop!

Feels better now.

ooooooooooo

Maybe not scabs, but I still don't like em'. Bash all you want, I just know that while we have been shrinking, skywest has grown by leaps and bounds with aircraft that should have been ours. I sat reserve for close to two years, and now we have 80 guys on the street, yet skwest is overstaffed and sending guys to Atl to cover our flying. That debacle cost us about three days of irregularity, but threeweeks later I'm still seeing skywest 200's in Atl. Do you all really think they are just helping us out for a maint. fck up? We are short handed now and you can't trade trips due to low coverage every friggin' day. I think they are trying to forestall a fourlough at skywest and keep our guys out on the street long enough to make it cost effective. But hey, what do I know, you all are the butt buddies with the skywest folk so you tell me. And yes I am a captain here.

We are doing a lot of flying in CVG, while CMR continues to shrink...is that the same?

Yes it is, but we aren't owned by the same holding company, so to that effect it sucks for comair, but in this environment you take whats given. That sounds two faced I know, but that's the way life is right now. Skywest however is our sister airline, and they seem to be getting all of the favortism from Mom because they were the first born and its pissing me off. Sibling rivalry is a bitch.

Yes it is, but we aren't owned by the same holding company, so to that effect it sucks for comair, but in this environment you take whats given. That sounds two faced I know, but that's the way life is right now. Skywest however is our sister airline, and they seem to be getting all of the favortism from Mom because they were the first born and its pissing me off. Sibling rivalry is a bitch.

Calm down, sweetheart.

Got it...you're an idiot....

According to JA, SKW hasn't furloughed because their cost structure is already where it needs to be.

ASA, although it has made many positive changes, still has a ways to go to meet its cost structure goals. Get ready, PBS is coming....

Skywest missed its opportunity to furlough. It only makes sense to furlough if they are gone for a certain amount of time. I have heard both from DAL, ASA, and even CAL, that the time is somewhere between 18-24 months. If Skywest sees that their roster now will have them staffed sufficiently within that window, then yes, they are where they need to be.

PBS may or may not be coming, but this is an issue that the union nor the company has provided the pilot group with any info. I would rather have this issue put to bed before the next contractso as not to burn significant negotiating capital on it.

Skywest missed its opportunity to furlough. It only makes sense to furlough if they are gone for a certain amount of time. I have heard both from DAL, ASA, and even CAL, that the time is somewhere between 18-24 months. If Skywest sees that their roster now will have them staffed sufficiently within that window, then yes, they are where they need to be.

PBS may or may not be coming, but this is an issue that the union nor the company has provided the pilot group with any info. I would rather have this issue put to bed before the next contractso as not to burn significant negotiating capital on it.

If a pilot group does not want PBS, then a pilot group would not have to burn significant negotiating capital on it! However, the Company would!

Not sure why you guys are worried about PBS. PBS made huge improvments for my quality of life. I was able to keep credit the same with 17-18 day off a month. Also you dont need to use nearly as much user and vac. since you are already getting the days off you want.

Latest resources

Back