• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest airplane in the mud in peoria

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, goes to show how much I pay attention to what specific people write on hear. I thought, since you mentioned me not questioning on what Erlanger said in context in defending unions or ALPA, that it must have been something negative towards unions or ALPA.

Cool.

eP.

So if SkyWest pilots had a legally enforceable contract they would be real professionals and real professionals don't run-off taxiways --->

I don't see how you make that leap. Just because you are a professional, does not mean you wont make mistakes. The difference is that if you are a member of an airline union, you will be defended by a dispute clause that is legally enforced through the RLA by virtue of being recognized by the NMB. Otherwise you end of like DD having to defend yourself using thousands of dollars out of pocket with no guarantee you will get that money back.

I don't see how you make that leap. Just because you are a professional, does not mean you wont make mistakes. The difference is that if you are a member of an airline union, you will be defended by a dispute clause that is legally enforced through the RLA by virtue of being recognized by the NMB. Otherwise you end of like DD having to defend yourself using thousands of dollars out of pocket with no guarantee you will get that money back.

Thank you. I am now a better person for this understanding that I could not have possessed prior to reading your posts. I will no longer make any leaps or take any jabs at any members of FlightInfo.com. I will not take any union or ALPA's name in vein. I have learned my lesson. I am on the straight and narrow and will only use the knowledge I have acquired to advance the cause. I will bring only joy to the lives of other. I will give everything I can and ask for nothing in return. I will unite with my fellow aviators in order to form a more perfect union....

I'm still bored.

eP.

Thank you. I am now a better person for this understanding that I could not have possessed prior to reading your posts. I will no longer make any leaps or take any jabs at any members of FlightInfo.com. I will not take any union or ALPA's name in vein. I have learned my lesson. I am on the straight and narrow and will only use the knowledge I have acquired to advance the cause. I will bring only joy to the lives of other. I will give everything I can and ask for nothing in return. I will unite with my fellow aviators in order to form a more perfect union....

Finally, you have opened your eyes and get it. ;)

I didn't call you an ALPA cheerleader.

So if SkyWest pilots had a legally enforceable contract they would be real professionals and real professionals don't run-off taxiways --->

This is boring.

eP.

You two need to get a room.

So if SkyWest pilots had a legally enforceable contract they would be real professionals and real professionals don't run-off taxiways --->.

If SkyWest was ALPA, they would have taken multiple paycuts followed by furloughs.

And I don't see how having a contract makes one more of a "professional" over another pilot. To me, the word professional is an over used term to inflate ones self esteem. The Unions and Management used that word to cover up the "less than professional" treatment they hand down to it's pilots.

If SkyWest was ALPA, they would have taken multiple paycuts followed by furloughs.

And I don't see how having a contract makes one more of a "professional" over another pilot. To me, the word professional is an over used term to inflate ones self esteem. The Unions and Management used that word to cover up the "less than professional" treatment they hand down to it's pilots.

WayBack, I can tell you are lost and in need of some guidance. As a fellow FI member and someone who now sees the light, I would like to take this opportunity to spread the "word"...
Nevets said:
Just because you are a professional, does not mean you wont make mistakes. The difference is that if you are a member of an airline union, you will be defended by a dispute clause that is legally enforced through the RLA by virtue of being recognized by the NMB. Otherwise you end of like DD having to defend yourself using thousands of dollars out of pocket with no guarantee you will get that money back.

Word to big bird!

eP.

Latest resources

Back