Skyway Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Avi8er10

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this website. Are there any current or past pilots from skyway? They look like a nice airline to get a job for. Can anyone tell me any info about them? Thanks a lot.

Well, Skyway may be a nice airline, but do not expect to get in anytime soon. We just furloughed 10 pilots and we had 17 on furlough to begin with. Things are not looking too terribly great and there is a possibility that we'll go under within 6 months or so. Sorry for the bad news.

I have to agree. I do not expect Skyway to be around at the end of the year. The best hope is for someone to come buy us right now. In my opinion, the company is steadily sinking and managment is pre-occupied with arranging the deck chairs. Maybe some day they will be reincarnated as someone else's commuter. Until then, its happy trails... Good luck.

Wanna know about SKyway???

To know the current state of Skyway, imagine the company as a luxury ship, and read the following:

Skyway has been drifting aimlessly for years, with no one at the wheel to steer 'her'. Some how through the grace of God, she has been making money until recently.
Now picture the ship taking on water and her bow slowly submerging under. As the bow sinks, the stern slowly rises out of the sea. The ship is starting to buckle and the sounds of collapsing bulkheads can be heard. As the ship plunges on a one way ticket to the sea floor, imagine all the rats that have called her home for years jumping into the sea to avoid certain doom.

hope that helps with your current inquiry...

-thunderchief- (A current rat still aboard)

Wait a mintue. I thought Skyway had placed a large order for ERJ 145/135's. How can you go from placing a big jet order to in the tank? I know that your mainline dad's are getting 717's and have cut back on the free wine and good food, but how can a regional airline such as yours be in decline?

Long-Gonner
Wait a mintue. I thought Skyway had placed a large order for ERJ 145/135's. How can you go from placing a big jet order to in the tank? I know that your mainline dad's are getting 717's and have cut back on the free wine and good food, but how can a regional airline such as yours be in decline?

Big brother did get ONE 717, on credit. I won't believe anything about the rest until they arrive on property in company colors. The ERJ order has been repeatedly defered to the point where no one seriously believes that they are coming. For selfish reasons, I would like to see the company turn it around, but this rat will swim as hard as he can to keep from getting sucked under.

Future

Big brother did get ONE 717, on credit. I won't believe anything about the rest until they arrive on property in company colors. The ERJ order has been repeatedly defered to the point where no one seriously believes that they are coming.

Midwest is still getting the 717's one every month, or possibly every other month. In any case, they're still coming. They put a little money down, but word is they got a great financing deal from Boeing. When you think of it, it's probably very true. Other than Airtran, who is buying those things right now other than Midwest? It was just as beneficial to Boeing as it was to Midwest to get us those jets.
As for the ERJ's, I must agree. They send out memos every month or so telling us how they've deferred them again, but remain committed to getting them; nobody believes that any more than we believe Tim Hoeksema is taking a pay cut. After all the crap they've pulled with their bankruptcy talk and deciding to not bother to pay the lease holders for their planes, I seriously doubt anyone would loan us the money even if we DID want to get them. We'll be flying those Beech 1900s for the next 75 years.

First off let me say that I'm really sorry to hear that things are going so badly over at Skyway. You have a great group of pilots, so I do hope things will turn around for you.

I was through MKE a couple of weeks ago, and one of our gate agents told me that NWA was announcing all sorts of new service out of MKE and not just to DTW, MSP, or MEM either. It sounded to me like they were making a conscious effort to fly to markets that directly compete with Midwest. So, it doesn't sound like you guys are exaggerating how bad things are over there right now. It's almost as if NWA looks at Midwest and Skyway as chum in the water, and they are trying to take advantage of the situation, so as to have one less competitor up in their territory.

Has anyone else heard of any news about NWA significantly ratchetting up service out of MKE?

Latest resources

Back