Skyway Airlines - recall outlook "sad"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Edward Summer

Called the HR Director today to inquire about the current state of affairs down at Skyway..."So how are things looking for the return of the 18 furloughees and future hiring?" - I ask.

"Sad" he replies. "I know there are some regionals hiring, but have you read the newspapers?" "Things are not looking good for us...etc,etc,etc."

Any insight from any Skyway guys/gals out there?

Thanks!
Ed

Whatever happened to Skyway getting ERJ's to replace the Donkey Jets? I know there were firm orders, but guess that's not happening anytime soon. Hey sorry about the bum news man. Sounds like they could careless for their furloughed.

i talked to the HR lady at skyway 1 week ago and it seemed like they were going to have all their furloughs back by june. i know they picked up the iron mountain and one other stop from lakes. who knows, maybe the lady lied to me.

20 ERJ140's starting 1/2004 (1 a month). Who knows if it will get pushed back anymore. Who knows if the company will even be around to take delivery.

Recalls and ERJ's...

Hey fellow pilots,
Don't hold your breath for the recalls at Skyway, if you can get a job elsewhere. DO IT. Our attrition has just went from nothing to losing some CA's to ATA, and a few FO's to Air whiskey and ACA. There is hope but it's slim.

As for the ERJ's, I would guess that they'll be here at the EARLIEST March '04. Again, I'm not holding my breath and won't believe it until I SEE them sitting on the ramp. Rumor says we've signed for them and if you check the Embraer website, it's says we've ordered 20, whatever that's worth.

For those of you who don't know who Skyway (now Midwest Connect) is, you'd have to know who Midwest Airlines' is. But since they do NO advertising outside of Milwaukee, I'd bet you don't... We, (M-Connect) fly 15 antiquated BE1900D's and 10 velcro/plastic 328JETS. Big BLue, (M-Airlines) flys 15ish MD80's and 25ish Diesel 9's, soon to be replaced with shorter range 717's...

Hope it helps and good luck to all
Thunderchief

The latest RUMOR from Skyway as of 2/27...asst. chief pilot quotted as saying another 20 furloughs. CEO says another 30 days until more is known about pending ERJ order.

ALPA meeting tomorrow...might be more info to post then. Don't hold your breath...look else for regional flying....even if Skyway was hiring.

Latest resources

Back