Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt10Matt

The dude abides
Anyone know of any openings in Central or S. California for flying skydivers?
Looking for a cool place to fly on the weekends as well as get some jumps in...Thanks!

Dont know if they are looking but there is a pretty busy drop zone in Davis. they fly a PAC750 and a 182 - or at least did a year ago. skydance is the name i think.

Skydive Monterey Bay, Hollister, Davis, Taft, Lodi to name a few. I dont know on the hiring status.

Yeah man, definitely on that website everyday checkin out the employment classifieds....it seems that even with 1100hrs & a buncha HP time, it's still frickin impossible to find someone who will hire ya without turbine or jump pilot experience...

Not to say that neither are important but come on....show a guy with some love for the sport a frickin bone here! I'm one of the guys who isn't there for the flight time but for the atmosphere & everything.

Oh well, his dudeness will go on...

Last edited:
His dudeness can start by not waiting for someone to "throw him a bone." His dudeness can get off his butt, visit each of the DZ's, show his love for the sport by being a regular and making skydives, and working into a position after they get to know you...just like everyone else.

You want the world to hand you a living?

Imagine that, another @ss shootin' his mouth on FI.com...the next time you have a thought...just let it go ok pal.

Check the forum name "Employment Openings". And yes, if I made enough money on this flight instructor pay of mine to even continue jumping and show my "love" for the sport, I know that I would.

Last edited:
Yes, this is about employment openings. You seek a job. You have your hand out. You are the beggar, mr. "dudeness." You are the one in need, and you have asked us all to "throw you a bone."

Now that you're willing to sit up and beg for the bone, are you willing to fetch?

Rather than name calling the hands that feed you, perhaps you can pry yourself from the naugahyde seat cushions of your 152 and go visit each of the DZ's named, and hand in a resume, make some skydives, pay for a few trips up and down in the right seat of what they're flying, and make some contacts. You see, in the aviation world, we don't "throw you bones." You earn them, you lift a finger to help yourself, you get out and beat the pavement.

...it seems that even with 1100hrs & a buncha HP time, it's still frickin impossible to find someone who will hire ya without turbine or jump pilot experience...

Well, imagine that! Employers want qualified employees. Go figure. Of course, you've been given good counsel which you flatly rejected. You beg, you're offered good information, you reject. That's a sure sign of an idiot...not someone who really wants a job, not someone who wants to be a professional pilot. Your proper response is "thank you, any more suggestions."

Showing up at a DZ to interface with the DZO is necessary. Show up every weekend as a regular, get known, buy jump tickets and use them to ride in the right seat. Get some work packing tandems or private rigs and work into a position. I did that with several different DZ's who didn't care to take anybody off the street. I did the same with spray operators, with banner operators (and opened my own)...and the same with towing gliders. Any of those kind of jobs, nobody is too likely to hand you a "bone," especially with your attitude.

When I was eighteen, I attended an ag school. I learned about crop dusting. They offered job placement. When the school was done, after six months, the owner said "go buy a car and start driving. Ask every operator you see for a job. Eventually someone will hire you." Best advice I received. I'm passing it on to you, mr "dudeness" ungrateful putz. You might give it a whirl.

Then again, of course you subscribe to Trade A Plane, Climbto350, Airjobsdaily.com, and any of the other useful job gather sites and publicatios out there, because you're serious about finding employment, right? No? You would rather sit back with your impressive 1,100 hours and expect the world to throw you a bone, right?

Fetch, dudeness. fetch.

Latest resources

Back