• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that sums it up. we agree. you can't run a profitable company when baggers are making 50k yr

i do feel that gate agents for the crap they put up with deserve better.

shooter

the funny thing you cannot tell me why.
there is far too much demand for air travel for the legacies to die. plus a merger would prevent it.

BK forced them to quit paying flight attendants 65,000 a year. bag toters 50,000 with perks. pilots who worked 40 hours with work rules 250,000 a year to fly a737

until you get basic cost accouting understood, you'll always driblble this notion that an obscure carrier brand new with 10 airplanes is causing the demise of an industry.

funny how southwest pilots are now the best paid for their type

you must be new to the industry.:rolleyes:

if you call ten years new. you can look at this from many perspectives. i simply maintain that southwest started the original lowcost model. they're to blame for the demise of the legacies. not skybus.

also, explain how EOS, another startup that pays fos 65k a year to start is dragging the industry down to the bottom. most of their captains are delta guys who took the lump sum.

if you call ten years new. you can look at this from many perspectives. i simply maintain that southwest started the original lowcost model. they're to blame for the demise of the legacies. not skybus.

also, explain how EOS, another startup that pays fos 65k a year to start is dragging the industry down to the bottom. most of their captains are delta guys who took the lump sum.

true, Southwest is a LCC, I should be more careful how I word things. I meant discount airlines are killing the industry and the people who are willing to work for peanuts. Skybus is a discount airline, not an LCC.

LCC's just cherry pick their routes, which is another thread. This is about the Skyus and Ryanair's of the indusry.

Last edited:
i dispatch the trash, swap the trash, bring the trash back to the gate, defer the apu so the trash will be hot, and finally cancel the trash. And you know what the next day I have new trash to do the same thing too. Supply and demand fellas.."if you build it, they will come." I dont agree with it, but its happening. That trash pays my bills every month...barely. LOL!

Skybus part of the CASS system, does anyone know?
I see you don't get paid til you are out of training, that is an eye sore.

According to Skybus 85 percent of their passengers are people who would not ordinarily fly, if you couple that with most the cities they fly, then it should take little business from everyone else who is complaining.

All the RJ pilots out there who feel the need to bash this company (that I don't work for) are hypocrites.

From what I've heard from some elders most people looked down on Southwest for the first 5-10 years....

The Golden Ages are over and not coming back it's not SKybus's fault.

It's a startup, pay will go up eventually.

If they succeed the stock options will more than make up for the initial low pay.

This is capitalism USA! USA! USA!

A different model that might succeed in an industry fraught with BK is actually kind of nice, once you get over the fact that it's different than what you have been programmed to see.

It is a big risk..only time will tell...

chickenwolf, i agree totally.
i interview there next week. i 'm at a bottom feeder now, Pace. nobody goes where they go intentionally. it is where you end up. you're always aiming though for the prize. i can get over the pay thing. it can work as a motivator to get through training. i don't think their pay is that far behind jetblue, though i need to see some rates. cpt are making 95k flying 85 to 90 hours.

next door some rj wahoo has a thread called skybus is so cheap that ________fill in the blank!

it is funny that most pilots never took Econ 101, nor do they understand business, free markets and nitch marketing.

oh well, they can sure push those hi tech buttons on the panel though... that said, if i threw out the need to pay the bills, i would fly a jetstream by hand if i was choosing how to go through my aviation career.
it's more fun.

Latest resources

Back