• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So flying should only be made available to the elite? Also, many times there are doctors on board the SX flights....are they trailer trash? Many people like a great bargain, regardless of what class they belong to.

as far as i can tell bgaviator, your premise is pilots want higher pay therefore cost need to go up. ( i guess you mean the cost of a ticket) then you say,BUT BY THEN other class airlines are in BK. and the work rules and pay go down to skubus levels.

i am selling... listen, if skybus was a legacy carrier which they're not i'd listen.

the free market always lets new entrants come in offering whatever they want to offer. you didn't even address my point about EOS. did you see the ticket price of $6500.00 some will pay that for a PERCEIVED benefit. they boast 21 cubic feet of space per ciustomer.

the legacies , all mismanaged as they where with their 10 different types of aircraft as in US AIR case is proof MBAs are dumber than heck. that is why southwest has been profitable for twenty years.

backto the business model. My rebut this time says all airlines should not be in business for the same reason. that is why there is skybus. that is why there is EOS. the legacies are trying and succeeding now telling us why they're around.

IT is international flying. CAL and DElta both have the biggest chances to carve out why they're here and it is to take people all over the globe. Go to CALs website and see their 14% increase in RPMS due to Int'l traffic they will never say" our mission is to fly trailer trash from point to point domestically. that is the job of skybus,southwest, jetblue and whoever.

if airline fees are raised at peak periods as the leaders testified this week before congress, then ticket prices as you wanted will go up. it won't be for the pilots. it will be a disincentive to cram flights into rush hour and cause massive delays.

the only reason prices have edged up is becasue they all cut capacity through BK... if southwest raises prices ten bucks, then they all follow. that money still doesn't go to the pilots although southwest is the highest paid for the equipment at this time.

until the faa says to be able to fly a jet as an SIC that you have to have 1500 hours and a type, pay will never go up.

last weekend at the job fair, all i saw were regionals offering jobs with 300/100 for the mins. Do you still insist this is SKYbus fault?

Last edited:
Climbhappy, your post makes it sound like I'm criticizing SX....I'm completely defending them...I think you meant to take your anger out on Shooter maybe?

argue all you want, the bar is being lowered and it's the fault of the low cost models. When/if the legacy airlines die it will be because of the trailer trash airlines, not just skybus. And then who will fly to all the destinations? LCC's cherry pick their routes and legacy airlines serve them all. But now we're drifing off course. There needs to be an industry standard and skybus is lowering it. bg, if you want to defend lowering the bar for the industry, then I can only wish you struggle for the rest of your aviation days. Since the low costs allow for trailer trash to fly, the employees will end up only being able to live in the trailer parks.

Shooter, you and I are trash haulers. Isn't it nice that we don't have to put up with the trailer trash? We just haul the trailers.

Shooter, you and I are trash haulers. Isn't it nice that we don't have to put up with the trailer trash? We just haul the trailers.

:D everytime I think I miss pax operations...something always reminds me why I wanted out. The money is still good over on the box side and I hope it stays that way.

shooter

the funny thing you cannot tell me why.
there is far too much demand for air travel for the legacies to die. plus a merger would prevent it.

BK forced them to quit paying flight attendants 65,000 a year. bag toters 50,000 with perks. pilots who worked 40 hours with work rules 250,000 a year to fly a737

until you get basic cost accouting understood, you'll always driblble this notion that an obscure carrier brand new with 10 airplanes is causing the demise of an industry.

funny how southwest pilots are now the best paid for their type

BK forced them to quit paying flight attendants 65,000 a year. bag toters 50,000 with perks. pilots who worked 40 hours with work rules 250,000 a year to fly a737

In the 90's, some of the most senior Delta ramp agents would sit in the bagroom with their legs propped up, reading a paper ("working"), while earning around 60,000 per year.
Some of them were earning more than an ASA E120 Captain at the time.

I used to work for a company that took over ramp handling for US Airways....the guys who were ramp workers directly for US Air I heard were earning $50,000/year to throw bags! You know how much I got paid to do that same job? $8/hour! No wonder these airlines went bankrupt. Like I said, airlines were killing themselves before SX was even a lightbulb in someone's head.

Latest resources

Back