Simcom Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

737Runner

Does anybody know what the salary is like for instructors at Simcom on the Citation, Learjet etc. Also, benefits, 401k and typical work week?

I applied at SimCom in Scottsdale for the C421 and KA90. During the phone interview, starting pay was around $42K then an increase after approx. 6 months to $48K. Bigger, faster, better aircraft = more money. Most guys on those aircraft you listed were making in the $50K+ range.

I turned down the position as you will NOT be flying real airplanes. (Maybe 5% of the time you'll fly a customers plane but it is rare according the powers that be at SimCom.) I still wanted to fly airplanes from Point A to Point B. Also told that a lot of the instructors were older, retired types who either lost their medicals or just got tired of the on the road kind of job. You'll be home every night but will put in long days. I was told from 7a to 6-7p Mo-Sa.

That said, you'll get typed in whatever you teach which after a few years you might be able to turn into a job flying the real McCoy on the street.

If I ever lose my medical or get tired of flying the real thing, that's where I'm going...

Hope that helps...if you call SimCom in Scottsdale and talk to them, they are very open and are willing to give you their time...

Eric

On a slightly different note, Flight Safety is looking for a Falcon Instructor in kteb. 2000 tt and CFI.

Lostdog65 said:
You'll be home every night but will put in long days. I was told from 7a to 6-7p Mo-Sa.

Yikes! I'm glad I don't work for Simcom! At FlightSafety the starting salary is $60-70K depending on the aircraft and I have never worked more than 8 hours in one day (normally it's more like 6!!) and have never been scheduled to work more than 15-17 days a month. The schedule depends on the program(aircraft) but nobody at our center works more than about 18 days a month. I know that some centers are hiring - PM me for more info.

900 and 2000, I don't know about the 50 but I believe KTEB is Flight Safety's main, if not only Falcon training base. Some other Falcon driver would know better then I.

Back to the point, I went to SimCom Orlando last in March 2005 for recurrent and most of the instructors seemed like they enjoyed it there. And yes, most of the guys were older and wanted to be home every night.

Every instructor I had at SimCom (Baron in SDL, KA90 in ORL) really enjoyed their jobs. The instructor's we had at Simuflite (AC690 in DFW) enjoyed their jobs. The instructor's I had at FSI (SD3 in LGA) liked the flying, not too wild about the company. That said, the guys at LGA were a kick to fly with and hang with.

As for the pay at SimCom, went back over my notes...pay gets higher with the more complex aircraft/simulators....ie: full motion sims pay more than fixed sims...

Eric

I went to Simcom @ SDL a few years back for the BE20. Best instruction I've ever had. The instructor loved his job and was a pleasure to listen to. Wish I could say the same for FSI.

Funny...our KA90 instructor in ORL was a little intimidated by us (3 of us in the class). We were done by Thursday night, SimCom said since there were 3 of us we had to stay to Saturday. We'd already passed the written and the check ride so we talked them into letting go home on Sat instead of Sun. This was one week before Xmas so we were a little anxious to get home. Needless to say the compromise was we got to choose our own training scenarios on Fri then go home on Sat.

We just screwed around in the SIM for 4 hours then left.

But we did get cool King Air t-shirts!!!

And the instructors there did seem to like their job.

Eric

I've had the privilege of going to Simcom SDL two years in a row, not recently but in 2003-2004 for the twin cessna track. Two different instructors and both came from 135 on demand, and basically wanted to have stability. Both were more knowledgeable than anybody I've ever met in their chosen aircraft and also studied more than most people I've ever met to learn more even though neither of them touched the thing anymore. Both never had a bad thing to say about their job either and seemed very content, and also are still at Simcom SDL. Very good people they have there. (Edit): Plus, both are still there and available to contact for questions that might come up after you leave.

-Brian

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back