Sim prep for CAL Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GIII Instructor

A buddy of mine was considering Continental as his airline of choice. He really wants to get on and the question was asked... should I pay for a sim prep??? I thought I would ask the same question on this chat forum. What do you guys think???

A buddy of mine was considering Continental as his airline of choice. He really wants to get on and the question was asked... should I pay for a sim prep??? I thought I would ask the same question on this chat forum. What do you guys think???

I certainly think so. You have to look at the big pix. This guy is interviewing for a career worth a few million dollars over the years - as well as a good retirement. I had absolutely no time in an MD-80 (what they were using at the time), and going in cold would have been stupid when there is a prep out there to get you ready for the interview. Unless your friend is formerly rated in a 737, I'd say definetly yes.

Ditto to what Scrapdog said. If this is something he really wants, of course go and do it. Do it for peace of mind when interviewing. If they ask you how you prepared for the interview, tell them you did a sim prep. Don't hide it. It shows you are really serious about your career and your future with the airline in question.

Tell your buddy to pay for it to cover his bases. In the event that he doesn't get on with CAL, at least he won't regret not taking that extra step. Why not do what you can to improve your chances?

Latest resources

Back