• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, big changes in the air. I know the 5 furloughees went back on the payroll monday. Rumors were a dime a dozen today. I heard that Wexford wants concessions from both creditors and the pilot group. As far as the pilot group goes, you guessed it, Wexford wants a pay cut. Some are saying RJ's on property by fall '03 and others say the doors at Shuttle America will be closed by mid-June. Who knows? Only the future will tell.

Good luck to all Shuttle Drivers, I hope things turn out OK for you.

Hey Rk772, I couldn't help but notice my alma matte's logo. When were you at Tech? I graduate in 93. Where did you do your previous SF340 flying?

Regarding all the rumors, the furloughed class was called back. They are at head quarters this week and will be starting IOE at the end of this month.

Regarding J4J, each RJ would be staffed with one US Airways furlough and one Shuttle pilot. That would leave a lot of open seats on the Saabs for new hires. Plus, there's a chance that any RJs we fly would be for United Express not Airways Express which isn't J4J and would be 100% staffed with our people (more hiring).

Whether we will ever see RJs is very much in the air at this point (no pun intended). Our principle investor Wexford wants pay concessions. If our pilot group votes for them, we may get jets fairly quickly and expand rapidly. If our pilot group votes down concessions, we may be out of business in a few weeks or months.

Private email me if you want more info.

AviatorTim said:
Our principle investor Wexford wants pay concessions. If our pilot group votes for them, we may get jets fairly quickly and expand rapidly. If our pilot group votes down concessions, we may be out of business in a few weeks or months.

Just curious. Do you really believe what you just wrote? Do you think that you have to fly for less than Mesa or Wexford and friends will fold up their tent and their tents and get into some other industry?
How feasible is liquidating the assets?
WTF is your union doing for you? Are they spending some of your dues money on a finance analyst who can evaluate the books?

embdrvr said:
Do you think that you have to fly for less than Mesa or Wexford and friends will fold up their tent and their tents and get into some other industry?
Wexford doesn't have to get into some other industry, the majority of their investments are already outside the aviation sector including many in, interestingly enough, liquidating bankrupt companies.

How feasible is liquidating the assets?
Very feasible since the leases on the Saab's are expiring now so they have minimal long term liabilities.

WTF is your union doing for you?
They are currently evaluating the proposed contract which none of us have seen so any talk about it now is pure speculation and mis-information based so there's not much point writing more till the facts come in.

Latest resources

Back