Shoulda Bought Mesa Stock!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok... Let me appeal to your (and to those of like mind) intrest here:

Do you really want to Mesa to go under, dumping nearly 1500 pilots on the job market? After all, maybe they will be competing with YOU.

Just a thought. Have a nice day.

Mesa's stock is insanely volatile. The company is doomed to go down, not up. Even if it is making huge gains today, its a stupid investment. Concentrate on companies that have a future.

Competing for what? I am only trying to go to NetJets, but if a fourloughed pilot gets it ahead of me I have no problem with that. After all, I have a job and they don't. If Mesa does go under and one of their pilots need a hand with anything, I will gladly give it. To answer your ? though, yes I hope and pray that they go out of business, the sooner the better.

Word over at APC is that Mesa and Hawiian have settled for just north of 52 Million. Haven't been able to confirm thru news sources. If so, could be the reason for the upswing.

Ok... Let me appeal to your (and to those of like mind) intrest here:

Do you really want to Mesa to go under, dumping nearly 1500 pilots on the job market? After all, maybe they will be competing with YOU.

Just a thought. Have a nice day.

The competition that we should be worried about is a result of too much capacity and too little demand for small jet lift. It's the pilots and airlines that will take concessions to keep flying that are the real problem. Exhibit A: The US Air EMB rates came about in part to keep those jets away from Mesa. I sympathize with the pilots there who aren't tools, but the industry will be better off with Mesa and its business model in the rear view mirror.

Word over at APC is that Mesa and Hawiian have settled for just north of 52 Million. Haven't been able to confirm thru news sources. If so, could be the reason for the upswing.

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2008/04/28/daily34.html?ana=yfcpc

Hawaiian Airlines is entitled to $52.5 million following the settlement of a lawsuit over interisland carrier go! airlines.
Hawaiian Holdings had accused Mesa Air Group, parent company of go! airlines, of using proprietary information that Mesa had obtained while Hawaiian was in bankruptcy proceedings, to help its go! operations to compete in Hawaii.
Phoenix-based Mesa will withdraw its appeal of an $90 million judgment awarded against Mesa by the court and will receive $37.5 million.
Mesa said in a statement that the settlement would not restrict go! from continuing services in the interisland market.
Shares of Hawaiian Holdings (Amex: HA) were up 1.3 percent to $8.01 in afternoon trading, meanwhile Mesa (Nasdaq: MESA) stock was up 0.2 percent to 70 cents.

desperate for cash they are.... they settled so they could get back that $32.5 million to try and continue to fund operations.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back