Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I become a police officer or nurse or stick with it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See what I mean about good stories to tell! Do you still use the mattress on camping trips and when guests come over?

No I deflated it, folded it up, and returned it to Wal-Mart after one year of 135 life (and dumb female guests) and got my $29 back

Bought a Gleim ATP study guide with the 29 dollars

TRUE STORY, you can't make this up. I am really telling the truth here.

For what it is worth...... Don't spend 20 plus years doing something you don't like. If you go public sector, check out the retirement system in the particular area you are interested. Make that a top priority!

What's the difference between cops and firefighters? A firefighter never wanted to be a cop!! (that's a joke)

I've got 25 plus years in as a hose jockey and fly coporate on the side. Best deal in the world for me and my family. I love it.

No offense to the brothers and sisters in blue! Y'all have saved my a$$ on more than one occasion.

Beware though, public service is not for everyone. Just my $.02.

Good Luck!!

Funny my dad is a fire fighter for Chicago he wouldn't trade his job for the world some days I wish I could be a fire fighter but I just don't think thats why God put me on this earth o well I guess we shall find out soon enough.

Well, the best you could ever count on is topping out at some scumbag regional.

The majors are down for the count. No retirement, no respect and bene's are for ******************** any more. Oh, sure you can try to fly anywhere in the world for free...but who the heck wants to take the crapshoot on getting stuck in Hong Kong for an extra three days and exiled to coach because the airline upgraded someone on points and bumps you into steerage.

It ain't your daddy's airline industry...

When I flew a tired Lance on night 135 runs.

Ram Air or Package Express? I also spent a short time sleeping on a air mattress in a spare room in the hangar at the Concord Airport.

If you become a cop, do it in Las Vegas. Base salary is around $53,000. Many cops here make around $80,000. Also, prison corrections officers in Las Vegas can make well over $100,000 with the top earning officer making over $160,000 last year by working lots of overtime. All this with no college degree required.

http://www.policeemployment.com/cityjobs/northvegas/

This link is for the city of North Las Vegas; Las Vegas metro cops make even more.

Last edited:
I dont really care what you do.

Hitting the bottle this early in the morning?

My friend is an ER nurse and has already made 35k this year and its not even May. He made 97K last year alone. Thats without a Masters degree. Think if he pursues that as well.

People will always be sick and people will always misbehave. Heck, with nursing you can probably make more then a heavy captain after a few years. I's stick with flying though

Latest resources

Back