Short Term Lease or Charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cvsfly

I'm trying to help out a friend who has a client that is selling their turbo-prop and will be looking for a small jet. They will be without an aircraft for a (hopefully short) period of time. It seams to me that chartering would be the most effective solution. They also want to know about aircraft leasing and using their current pilot and hanger. Any recommended companies that arrange aircraft leases for their catagory - pilot experience is mostly King Airs. What is typically the shortest lease term available on aircraft like that? What about Jet Card programs? Using charter brokers?

I think chartering would be the best solution, especially if it is short term. I would go to the local airport and start getting quotes and negotiating from there. The local operators might be best since they don't have to reposition each flight. A jet card is OK, but you'll pay more since most flights will be repositioned. A short term lease might save you some money, but the risk is higher, i.e., you get stuck with an aircraft that you don't like or there might be maintenance issues. It's basically a risk vs. cost analysis.

Latest resources

Back