• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SGU Security Cam Footage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet he forgot the nosewheel steering and was loaded. Why would he back up a bit, and then decide to back up further if his only intent was to drive an airplane into a ditch.

That's what I suspect, forget to arm it. I think he meant to go flying, until he wrecked the wing.

I am surprised it went backwards. I once got a plane from mtc and when I landed the reversers would not stow. Came to a stop with tail still on the runway. Could not get the plane to move forward or backward. Had to get towed. The one thing I learned that day was plane won't move with TR's out no matter what the thrust was. And yes it was mx control permission.

Actually the CRJ can do a power-back, regionals just don't train and certify for it.

The incident plane was empty as well.

Actually the CRJ can do a power-back, regionals just don't train and certify for it.

The incident plane was empty as well.

I am surprised it went backwards. I once got a plane from mtc and when I landed the reversers would not stow. Came to a stop with tail still on the runway. Could not get the plane to move forward or backward. Had to get towed. The one thing I learned that day was plane won't move with TR's out no matter what the thrust was. And yes it was mx control permission.

Nobody does power backs anymore. Everyone who did has now been able to slash the costs of ground crews so that it makes more sense to pay them and get tugs than pay the costs/risks of powerbacks

Nobody does power backs anymore. Everyone who did has now been able to slash the costs of ground crews so that it makes more sense to pay them and get tugs than pay the costs/risks of powerbacks

Seen the Trannies do it, even in ATL. Real mess if there is much of anything on the ramp - sand, dirt, trash, bags......

Latest resources

Back