Serious Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

OK, I have an interview with a certain unit, and I have never visited. I had origionally planned to visit, but the interview was scheduled 3 days after I was going to visit (that was the weekend I was told would be the best). Should I go ahead and visit and return 3 days later, or should I just hold off and wait for the interview?

I'm getting a little nervous, because I want to make the best impression possible, and this issue is weighing on my brain. Any opinions?

I would just go to the interview and forget the visit, whether it's close or really far. Just my .02. Good luck, let us know how everything goes. Alot of us have posted here what questions we were asked, etc, I'm sure you've read them.

Unit Visit

I suggest visiting the unit. Let them get to know you before the interview. Go in there and be yourself. DO NOT try and act macho, be fake, or impress them with flying stories. Believe me, it will be spotted and a red flag will go up. If you are the type they want to hire letting them know this ahead of time will only be good for you. It has the potential to set you apart from the others. Remember, they are looking for a guy that they canhang out with for the next ten years or go on a two week trip with. Bringing beer or a friendly bottle of liquor to the unit never hurt either. Don't bring it in right off the bat. If they invite you to have a few bring a few, if you know what I mean. Remember, be yourself. They really don't care how good a pilot you are now. They can teach a monkey to fly, but a good fit to the unit is hard to come by. And yes, I had to go through this process myself. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back