Sequenced flashers enough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T2Pilot

I have always been taught not to go below DH with only the sequenced flashers in sight but I can't find this in writing anywhere. 91.175 doesn't specifically mention sequenced flashers just "approach light system". Anyone know if this is correct?

Check out AIM para. 2-1-1..."sequenced flashers" ARE approach lights. With only these in sight, 91.175 allows you to descend to 100 feet above TDZE.

Fly safe!

David

MauleSkinner said:
Check out AIM para. 2-1-1..."sequenced flashers" ARE approach lights. With only these in sight, 91.175 allows you to descend to 100 feet above TDZE.

Fly safe!

David

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I was splitting hairs since the only mention is "Some systems include sequenced flashing lights" I wasn't certain that meant the flashers were approach lights in the meaning of 91.175. However I think you are right that it would be legal.

T2Pilot said:
Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I was splitting hairs since the only mention is "Some systems include sequenced flashing lights" I wasn't certain that meant the flashers were approach lights in the meaning of 91.175. However I think you are right that it would be legal.

Yes, they part of the ALS, so they do count. The headlights of the cars on the frontage road do not count....

Latest resources

Back