Sending Resumes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which one?

You should probably just pick one. I am by no means an expert, but I think all three might hassel them more than anything. Which leads me to this question, when they list all three, which method has the best chance of your resume landing on the proper desk? Thanks!

Pick one

. . . and be sure to follow the company's directions to the letter! From the moment you send a resume you have commenced the interview process at the airline in question. You are evaluated from the beginning on your ability to follow directions. Therefore, if the airline tells you to fax it, fax it. Though I happen to dislike faxing resumes because faxing kills the crisp appearance you've striven to achieve. Moreover, the numbers may come out wrong and kill you when the resume is scanned.

My choice would be to mail in a resume and well-written and designed cover letter, preferably in a 9 x 11 envelope. That way, your materials will arrive all nice and neat and not folded. Attention to detail is important and not hard to achieve.

I would not e-mail a resume if I had the choice. For one thing, your word processor format may not come out correctly on the airline's. Another reason is H.R. is deluged with applicant e-mail spam and yours could be zapped.

Good luck with your job search.

Last edited:
Everyone agree?

Anyone else have a thought on the subject? It's understood if there is a "(preferred)" that is the method you use? Thanks for the input bobby.

I am certainly no expert (since I am still a CFI), but I have been sending resumes on a monthly basis but in a different way each time. I would usually start with snail mail because that would put a nice copy in the company's hand, and then I would update with email or fax. To send the hard copies I went to the post office and bought their "photo mailer" envelope. This seemed to work well and it was stiff enough to protect my resume. I always stick with the "prefered method" if possible. None of this has worked yet but I'm probably not competitive for most places where I applied.

Latest resources

Back