Segrave

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Edmo

Any current info on this outfit? Ive read most of the previous posts. Climbto350 recently had postings that said they now airline their pilots to their planes so they can live at home? Schedy, pay?
Thanks in advance

E

Search & Read First

Any current info on this outfit? Ive read most of the previous posts. Climbto350 recently had postings that said they now airline their pilots to their planes so they can live at home? Schedy, pay?
Thanks in advance

E

Maybe you should have done a search,there is another thread on this forum,"Seagrave Aviation".Is this the same outfit you are inquiring about????
Located in Kinston,N.Car.??????? Most every poster on this site has practically nothing good to say about them!!!

Maybe you should have done a search,there is another thread on this forum,"Seagrave Aviation".Is this the same outfit you are inquiring about????
Located in Kinston,N.Car.??????? Most every poster on this site has practically nothing good to say about them!!!

Who does have anything good to say about anyone on this site?

G-force, you have been doing nothing but criticizing everybody in this entire forum since I joined, so I will not be taking anything you have to say into consideration. Anything anyone else has to input would be appreciated.

E

Here is my experience with Segrave-it is a couple of years old, so things amy be differnet now.

I applied for a BE400 FO job with them in January 05. The aircraft was based less than an hour from my home, so I was willing to check them out even though I had heard a lot of negative stuff about them (mostly on here).

I had a first, informal interview at the local base with the two guys curently based there, one of whom was acting CP at the time. They were very friendly and professional, and the pay seemed OK ($42k for right seat). Things went well and I was invited to a formal interview at Kinston. So I drove the 5 hours from home to ISO for an interview that lasted all of about 10 minutes with the DO.

I was not offered the job, and though I thought everyone seemed OK and their MX facility seemed nice I felt like a 5 hour drive should have earned me more than a 10 minute interview.

All in all I didnt get a super great feel about the place, but at the same time it didnt come across as the hell-hole many have made it out to be.

I've heard a lot of stories about poor MX and crew being pressured to take flights that are illegal, either due to duty/rest issues or MX. I'm getting too old to put up with that kind of crap, and I made the decision a while back that the word "NO" can keep you out of a lot of trouble, so if I could be home based with them I may give it a shot at some point in the future.

The home basing thing seems new with them. They put a lot of adds out for pilots and hte most recent one is the first one I've seen with home basing.

Good luck whatever you decide to pursue.

Latest resources

Back