• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sean Tucker question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean an 12 is not a good competition airplane? To heavy? I'm flying a Super D now and looking to move up, which means getting out of the Super D. it is heavy bird and I love flying it!! I too would love to get a 12, but of course it would have all of the mods!! If anyone thinks the the 12 sucks, check this out : http://www.2wings.com/m12/images/sn177/images1/102_0014.JPG

See the 12 does have balls!! Look again: http://www.2wings.com/m12/images/sn177/images1/102_0026.JPG

I am talking about COMPETITIVE ACRO not airshow flying. Yes to you coming from a Super "D" it would be a world of difference, however comparing it to an Extra/Edge or Sukhoi or lite super Pitts is something else.

I never said the Model 12 sucks. Its a great airplane, if you want a BIG Beast that makes a lot of noise and flys VERY fast for a Biplane of that size.

There a couple that do compations. I would think it would be no difrent then a Sukio. But yes coming from the smaller Pitts yeah I could see the change. There was some one eles who told me that a 12 wouldn't be a good compation plane, I told them why not it's the pilot not the plane beging judged. It's all about those vertcial lines. Contest are very subjective, I found this out on my first contest when a judge scored me a 4 when the rest gave me 9's. I asked him later why he did this and he said he didn't know and had no answer(no remarks on why too). He then told me no one wins there first contest and asked what I was flying, he then said he didn't like my "D", to new looking!! WTF!!

I'm sure if someone flew the Python it could go to unlimited!!

Sonny, sorry if I came across as personal attack, didn't mean it that way!

There a couple that do compations. I would think it would be no difrent then a Sukio. But yes coming from the smaller Pitts yeah I could see the change. There was some one eles who told me that a 12 wouldn't be a good compation plane, I told them why not it's the pilot not the plane beging judged. It's all about those vertcial lines. Contest are very subjective, I found this out on my first contest when a judge scored me a 4 when the rest gave me 9's. I asked him later why he did this and he said he didn't know and had no answer(no remarks on why too). He then told me no one wins there first contest and asked what I was flying, he then said he didn't like my "D", to new looking!! WTF!!

I'm sure if someone flew the Python it could go to unlimited!!

Sonny, sorry if I came across as personal attack, didn't mean it that way!

((The Python was damaged in shipping to the UK....sad end to a great airplane, and the Kimballs are TOP NOTCH PEOPLE I know them well.))

No--no problem. I was not trying to Knock the M-12. It IS NOT A Sukhoi! We are talking about different flavors for different folks. (I am Flying an Extra 300S so that is what I compare it too...)

I know all about "da Judges" in IAC.....I had an "out" once and had to PROTEST it, shut down the contest for 15 minutes--everybody pissed off at me, but as my Coach Phil Knight said "You gotta get used to it" anyway--turns out the Judge calling me out has a husband that was flying Advanced as well, so she had an interest in calling the "out" which put me from 1st to 8th! ---I won the protest and the Contest.

Someday when UAL decides I am worth 40% more I will hit the competition circuit hard again!

Enjoy the Super "D" I am sure it is making you into a great stick!

Latest resources

Back