Scottsdale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stknrdr

The Earnhardt Corporations in SDL will be looking for a new SIC in July. Their current one is moving up to a Falcon gig back east closer to home. Ad is on Climbto350.com under "Business Jet SIC". This operation will take on lower time quality pilots and bring them up to speed. Good opportunity for a 1000hr pilot to get some jet time over 2-3yrs. A new plane on order over there as well. Hope this helps

The Earnhardt Corporations in SDL will be looking for a new SIC in July. Their current one is moving up to a Falcon gig back east closer to home. Ad is on Climbto350.com under "Business Jet SIC". This operation will take on lower time quality pilots and bring them up to speed. Good opportunity for a 1000hr pilot to get some jet time over 2-3yrs. A new plane on order over there as well. Hope this helps

Any idea what the pay is like?

Their plane operates 250-300hrs a year as I understand. New equipment, good trips, seems like the rest of it is pretty good. There's so many pilot jobs out there right now, it's hard for the lower time guys to choose one. I'd say anyone that wants to live in Az should have a look. Likewise there seems to be a need for King Air pilots out of SDL as well as of late.

Stknrdr,

I know of someone that flew with Earnhardt's captain for only a few days before quitting because he was such an a$$....went from instructing right back to instructing after dealing with this guy.

This was apparently a couple of years ago.

Do you know their Captain? Is he a difficult guy? This guy claimed that the hiring process came down to him and a female.....the captain apparently wanted to hire the female but it didn't get done so he supposedly made this guy's life hell for the short period of time that he was there.

You seem to know a lot about this operation....is there any truth to this?

Also, if you don't mind telling us, who is looking for the King Air pilots?

Like stknrdr said it is difficult for low time guys to choose a position with a quality operator these days. Breaking away from instructing is probably one of the most difficult decision to make...regional airlines, cargo, medivac...there are a lot of options out there. I think the key is finding something that is a good fit for you and is a safe operation. What I can offer is that the Earnhardt gig is a clean, safe, well managed operation. The Chief Pilot has airline experience and is very CRM driven. You will learn a lot from him. The 91/135 world is far from perfect, but this operation does it better than most. For someone getting started in the biz this is a good place to get your feet wet and learn a lot about the industry as well as have the opportunity to fly some top notch aircraft. They started out small, and have been in aviation for a long time...the next step would be to see them leave the 135 world, I would love to see this position become a more career position as the family, corporation, aircraft and management are all very good.

Sounds a little like sour grapes with your acquaintance. That's not the operation I know. Nice people from their mgmt on down.

PM for the King Air info, and I hear a Premier I slot is coming open in SDL too but I'll have to find out the particulars.

Latest resources

Back