• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Say goodbye to First Class on UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Barnyard: What perks do you get from your employer?

I'm not advocating that anyone lose their 'perks' but to say that an airline employee is entitled to a FC seat over a paying customer is asinine. Just another example of why service on US airlines at best a joke- the attitude that your CUSTOMERS are just cattle to be herded around.

-Barnyard

This is a bunch of wasted hot air about nothing. The seats belong to the company like it or not. They can make the policy they want,

Now as for "Barney" If you think the service sucks take your whiney a$$ over to CO or DL where you state you like the service better.

the attitude that your CUSTOMERS are just cattle to be herded around.
-Barnyard
the American customer is only getting what they asked for. low, lower and the ultralow prices. Ultimately you get what you pay for. Granted first class seating doesn't always mean first class service. hard to get with a group that keeps getting **** on. Generally, and I know you have heard this, if the employees are happy, so everyone else will be

The last flight I paid to fly on was SFO HNL and back. Both ways were oversold and i got a free upgrade to my coach ticket both ways. Delta/NWA earned my business through this. If I am jumpseating I'm happy to get any seat on the plane. The airline needs to fill the seats not send away coach fares with travel vouchers because coach was full. If that means I get bumped off so be it.
For those of you who are economics challenged an empty seat leaving the gate is not worth $5000 or even $100, if its empty its worthless. Make it worth something by putting a paying body in it.

It's interesting to me how the guys with heavy experience in their profiles are the ones who resort to childish insults and name-calling.

It doesn't surprise me, however, that airline employees show no understanding of a basic tenet of customer service!

Barnyard Out.

Please come try Int'l Business Class on DAL. It's second to none, outstanding professional service by our FA's, the food is incredible and the seats are great.

What do I find wrong with a revenue passenger being in First/Business? NOTHING...if they PAID for it. I agree with others however that Coach passengers should NOT be upgraded to First/Business for free...simply because Coach was oversold. It's a different story with the FF milers who have the miles/status to be upgraded, they have purchased enough of our product to be awarded for their loyalty and business. But the leisure traveler should NOT under any circumstances be given a $5-$8000 seat because their $5-$800 seat was oversold. Too bad, so sad...go on the next flight or another day...OR pony up the money for the product.

So also what you are saying, and I agree "A non-rev should NEVER be in First Class ... NEVER. The coach passenger with the most miles in the bank should receive the complemantary (suprise) upgrade allowing a non-rev to take their coach seat.

I agree ... completely. No non-rev should ever receive a premium cabin seat if there is a paying passenger who would have liked to receive the free upgrade. This entire business is not about the labor force, it is about the paying customer !!

TransMach

Latest resources

Back