san diego medical examiner

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjfo

Wondering if anyone knows of an aeronautical examiner for a medical in the san diego area. thanks

Try M.A. Zirpolo, M.D. at (619) 232-1083.

He had a bunch of airplane pictures all over the place and a lot of letters on the wall from airline pilots. I think he's on the pilot's side.

Zirpolo is majorly expensive...but yes, on the pilot's side, whatever that means.

1st class no EKG $95
1st class with EKG $135

I went once (last month) not knowing the price and felt like I'd been raped. My last examiner was only $60. But he just retired.

Hello,
I saw Dr. Zirpolo for 12 years for my 2nd class medical, and he is a great guy. Excellent reputation, and at one time did PSA's pre-hire screening physicals. I don't remember him being any more expensive than any of the other DME's, but my last exam with him was in 1998. His practice is downtown just a couple of blocks from the approach end of 27 at SAN.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Further north in Rancho Bernardo is Dr. David Rousseau, a retired Navy flight surgeon and all around great guy for a medical. Try his office number 858-451-2200, I think that is still current. He charges $75.00 for normal and a little more with EKG.

Typhoonpilot

"English, Zirpolo is majorly expensive...but yes, on the pilot's side, whatever that means.

1st class no EKG $95
1st class with EKG $135

I went once (last month) not knowing the price and felt like I'd been raped. My last examiner was only $60. But he just retired. "

dr. z charges WHAT now???? back in oct of 2002 i paid 65 bucks for my class 1. what gives?

Yeah, a friend recommended him, also told me it would be $65. After I'm finished with the exam and settling the bill, I find out that the rates have gone up. There was a little tiny sign that mentioned the rate hike but i didn't see it. Neither did the other pilot that was in at the same time.

I was told Zirpolo is not going to do general practice anymore, only pilot exams, so he's raising the fee to cover.

I got a first class with EKG from Doc Z in Feb 03 for 91 dollars, then got a not in the mail that he was stopping his family practice, and just doing FAA medicals, didn't know he raised the price, too bad, but he's still a great guy, and I'll still go to him

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back