• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

(retirement) Stewart hammers Cramer on `The Daily Show'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does this only apply to the public...or our profession as well? Just curious at what point hypocrisy starts to come in.....

and again...
Your indifference's logical conclusion is a country we call Colombia. A place where the few and strong hedge their bets and the rest around you conspires daily to kidnap your family members to make rent. Seems like hyperbole to suggest America can become a south American economic construct, but that's exactly what's happening. Apathy can very literally kill you if you assert that individual self-promulgation is the only valuable currency to living in America. Eventually that nice cul-de-sac will become a liability, just because your self-righteousness got the better of you. You don't owe the morons anything, you're correct in that count, but your approach to said differences will dispossess you, which is ironic when you point to the populist and accuse him of wasting his life (he's actually saving yours)....

Yet more fertilizer spewing from your ill-educated mouth. On the last (2008) education index the U.S. is behind such "English speaking countries" as Denmark, Norway, South Korea, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Greece, France, Cuba, Luxembourg, Belgium, Sweden, Spain, Slovenia and Lithuania.

Out of curiosity, why mention Norway twice? And not for nothing, but at least five of the above countries are heavy with English speakers, although English is not the primary language.

Anyone who goes to the Daily Show for real political advice and analysis gets what they deserve.

Anyone who goes to the Daily Show for real political advice and analysis gets what they deserve.

And anybody who uses Cramer for investing also gets what they deserve.

My favorite quote from the fake journalist is when he calls Cramer a "talking dartboard."

Cramer was one of the guys spreadin' rumors when he ran his hedgie, and ufortunately he's one of the first places newbies go to learn about investing. I'm guilty of this too, but man... Cramer makes so many picks every day, he's bound to get one or two.

And, also, holding a stock for 2 weeks is totally against Cramer's philosophy. You got lucky. Do your own due diligence. And if you're holding something for 2 weeks in this market; you're stupid.

Put it in cash and buy on the way back up like Oneal and Buffet suggest.

Yet more fertilizer spewing from your ill-educated mouth. On the last (2008) education index the U.S. is behind such "English speaking countries" as Denmark, Norway, South Korea, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Greece, France, Cuba, Luxembourg, Belgium, Sweden, Spain, Slovenia and Lithuania.

And you should correct your profile- it's 'doggy style' not doggystile- let your boyfriend know.

Quote out of context. The U.S. remains the primary destination for higher education on the planet, and will remain so, for at least the next 5 years.

And, if were able to cull out about 10 counties for the education data for primary and middle schools, I'd vault the U.S. numbers considerably upward, probably to Euro standards. Comparing a continental nation like ours to Norway is a comparing apples and oranges, and still not getting a fruit salad.

Like crime and foreclosures, poor education is often a local problem in search of some magical national solution.

Quote out of context. The U.S. remains the primary destination for higher education on the planet, and will remain so, for at least the next 5 years.

And, if were able to cull out about 10 counties for the education data for primary and middle schools, I'd vault the U.S. numbers considerably upward, probably to Euro standards. Comparing a continental nation like ours to Norway is a comparing apples and oranges, and still not getting a fruit salad.

Like crime and foreclosures, poor education is often a local problem in search of some magical national solution.

I agree that the U.S. is the primary destination for educated workers but the point in the original post by LearLove was referring to a quote in the video stating that the U.S. worker is not qualified and therefore it is necessary to import skilled/educated workers.

LearLove's initial quote:

is she serious? The US worker is the most educated laborer in the entire world (at any level). Finally someone is going to invest in manufacturing in the US and she makes comments like this. The US education system (elementary to University) is one of the greatest assets this country still has. After she said that her boss should have fired her on the spot and Cramer should have bitch slapped her.

The US worker is not the most educated laborer and the education system in the US is far from the best. To say "if you culled countries from the list" is spurious at best, as the list is compiled exactly for that comparison- not apples and oranges at all but OECD and UN statistics.

There are other more specific statistics that paint the U.S. in a much worse light such as the Program for International Student Assessment where the U.S. performs extremely poorly- I am not happy about it; the U.S. spends so much on education per capita but it just isn't working. It is sad, and something needs to be done.

By the way, did I mention Norway? :)

Sooner or later those toxic public realms will effect your nice neighborhood......

Better start stocking weapons.....

Sounds like you get your financial advice from Glenn Beck. Don't forget the can goods, toilet paper, and bars of gold for the bunker. :D

For the thread topic:

Cramer has one main purpose for his show: Make it entertaining so that CNBC can sell ads.

Jon Stewart is pumping up Cramer as some kind of hyper, wild-eyed stockpicker. But anyone who has watched Cramer for more than 10 minutes knows that his philosophy is "buy and homework."

Anyone else find it funny that FoxNews and CNN jumped all over Cramer and CNBC during this "basic cable showdown?" They wouldn't have anything to gain from CNBC's decline, would they? ;)

Just remember: "It's not a f*****g game!" (Best said in a whiny voice)

Interesting that you call out Stewart as not being a journalist...has he ever claimed to be one? Have the rest of the zombies at the networks claim to be one...uh...YES.

At least Stewart tells it like it is while the rest of them following the network line. No one else on tv has the sack that Stewart does...and it is not impossible to find the truth buried in the humor..you just have to be smart enough to see it.

True, the segment ended with Stewart telling Cramer to do a better job so he could go back to making "fart noises and funny faces"

Ah yes, John Stewart. Wannabe journalist for the get-go. The only audiance he can get is the x or y or z generation that can't tell their azzhole from their bellybutton. What a friggin' tool he is. He "attempts" to blast Cramer for his stock pics in the last two years and pulls four sound bites out of his azz to back it up. What would really be interesting and funny is if mr. stewart could actually ask questions that might involve answers instead of rolled-up sound bites that some $10 an hour 7-11 clerk put together in his basement. John Stewart is to journalism as Auburn Callaway is to aviation.

Dude he's on COMEDY central.....when I want news, I don't go to Comedy Central.

I go to respected Networks like MSNBC and watch respected journalist like Keith Olberman or Keith Olberman in drag (A.K.A Rachel Madow).

to be honest, I've been watching The Daily Show for a long time (pre-9-11), Stewart was (and is) very funny, but I have been turned off by his political ramblings. Way too partisan to the left for a comedy show.

Latest resources

Back