• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Resumes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I recently got my resume back from Kathy and I have to say it was worth every single cent. She made my resume way better, there is no way I would have come up with a document that well done on my own.

ok, heres my question.....i am at flight safety and there is a lady in career services that helps students with there resumes and cover letters. I had her check over mine and was told in the cover letter I should include my hours and highlights of my aviation career (ratings and schools i went to) to the 2nd (body) paragraph. I guess this seemed a little redundant to me, and am wondering if this is necessary, or whether it will help or hurt my chances of a job. PM me if you'd like to see my resume and cover letter to see what I'm talking about.

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

As for the question about the cover letter - think about it in this way. A cover letter is like the cover of a magazine. They entice you enough to want to read the articles inside, which in this scenario would be your resume. A cover letter should do the same. Do not make it a novel, though.

Latest resources

Back