• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheDogsBollocks

Ex-AMF Scallywag!
More questions for you Option Pilot's,

After you finish your initial training and are ready to fly the line, do you have to sit reserve?-if so can you do that at home?

Also how long does a typical pilot sit reserve if required to do so?

Are there any upfront training costs that are borne by the new hire?

Thanks for your help.

No Reserve.

As far as I have been told, there is nothing like reserve with Flight Options. You can plan on flying a normal amount from day 1. Don't expect to be at home for any of your 8 days.

All training costs are covered by FO. All aircraft training right now is being done at either SimuFlight or FlightSafety for your type rides (all crew members are typed in their aircraft regardless of seat). They also take care of all your travel and hotels, even for your interview.

Your uniforms are also provided for you with the exception of your shirts, you have to buy those yourself, but they give you a 150 dollar advance up front to cover that and any other incidental costs.

You can get either a phone card with 500 minutes per month totally for your personal use or a 35 dollar a month cell phone allowance, your choice.

You keep all your airline frequent flyer miles and your hotel points.

You get your 40.80 daily per diem even if they provide crew meals.

Reserve?

There is no reserve at FltOps. As a new hire it depends on whats
going on and aircraft your hired into as to if you may sit home at
all. Options does not expect you to pay for anything at anytime
execpt for tips which they reimburse you on your next paycheck.
You even get your per deim if you are standby at home. They really do take care of us o.k. I can not complain. As far as frequent flyer miles we get everything except DELTA, which sucks to fly on anyway!

Hope this helps

Sky

I've heard the scuttlebutte that you need an internal reference or someone to 'walk ' your papers in. I was curious how true this was? obviously i don't really know anyone at options (unfortunately) i've met a few guys here and there passing in airports and they all seem like good guys, really happy at options. so I'm just curious about the odds of getting an interview/job for a current 121 fo with no internal reference.

Slim to none without reference. I talked to HR yesterday. They told me that they had over a 1000 resumes that are being referred. Sorry for the news. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay

i know us dispatchers are the ugly step child of the aviation world, but i've been putting my resume in for every open dispatch, owner services, or coordinator/scheduler position advertised on the website for the past 6 months. i used to work for a 'competitor' but i had to move and have to stay in the northern ohio area for family. is this hurting me that much or do operations people need a referral as well?

thanks
ugly step child

any of you options guys wanna be my friend?

I'll second that, and throw in my photos of great beaches with girls in thongs, plus my patented best-ever Mai Tai mix recipe! ;)

HAL

any of you options guys.....

Did I mention that my resume comes fastened to a new bottle of Jack Daniels! (or your favorite substitute!) If the bottle doesn't make it to HR..... Oh, well.

Get your order in fast as supplies are limited!

Latest resources

Back