• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingFarmer

CHQ Pilots--

So what's the latest with Republic? What are the
feelings of the CHQ pilot group towards this new
carrier?

Thank You.

That strange sound you hear is a can of worms being opened.

uh huh huh.....

Sorry,

I heard this place MIGHT be hiring guys
soon, I don't want to risk pissing someone
off. So what's the deal? I'm getting tired
of working at Burger King. I was just wondering
if this would be worse........

I'm on an overnight in SDF and the ground folks said that Republic was doing hiring here last week.

I thought ya'll placed a clause in your new contract which eliminated Republic in return for J4J....either way it sucks!

Republic may be hiring for ground but all pilots are to come from USAir if you can believe mgt.

I believe the application for Republic with the DOT said something like 75% of the pilots would be furloughed US Airways pilots. ALPA has apparently said they do not endorse Republic and it would not be a carrier for J4Js in order to keep the flying at Chautauqua. Management has said that will not stop the formation of Republic. It seems that they will find pilots somewhere.

http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/se...ly_story.jsp?view=story&id=news/jets03313.xml

it's even worse than freedom. At freedom, JO took scumbags from our own ranks to start the alter ego, which, in the end, made re-intergration easier. When this goes away....which it will, I think, you have some messy issues to deal with.

But I'm not suprised by Wexford. These guys make JO look like a houscat. 9/11: fire out of seniority, rehire with lower pay. And recently with the j4j revote, forcing more connsessions down Chataqua's throat...amazing. Those guys have it bad right now. Mesa's contract wasn't consessionary(wasn't stellar, either), but I fear chataqua's will be.

Latest resources

Back