• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Teamsters, please be honest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree that especially Scott(now teamster) H. and Jay S. were more worried about protecting captain pay and bennies than making contract secure. They made a nineteen year payscale for captains and left scope on the table. That does not excuse what was done by old mngmnt and being done now. IF MR. Bedford is truly a Christian, I can point out many, many examples of him violating basic, fundamental Christian beliefs.

All that aside, the past is the past, the big question now is where do we go from here? Republic pilots just got a memo that was signed electronically from RAH EXPO and MEH MEC, only our MEC never signed off on it. I am really starting to wonder. 3000 pilots and what is going on. No wonder Bedford does whatever he wants. Did RAH ever even do a merger fund. I have read many complaints about them not being able to get off of a trip or whatever. 3,000 x 25 =75,000 x 3 =225,000, for a cost of 25.00/month for three months, you all would have quite a fund. I don't understand???

Somebody asked about AirTran. We were "promised" many things when we saw MEHs future business model. Our MEC backed the plan early, but as you can see toward the end there was not much faith in what was going on. That is all moot anyway as there is no way the BOD would've turned down that all cash offer from NWA. I was early on against the AT plan thinking it would drag us all down, ME and AT, but as things progressed AT looked good to me. But hindsight is always 20/20. It is like drinking too much, it feels good at the time, but be careful where you wake up the next morning.

It looks like to me that we need to get this done soon, get a contract and fight Bedford, not each other, but the lawyers will never let that happen and this will drag and cost millions. I wish that everyone could be pragmatic about our problem and work toward a common solution. F9 already won and bypassed Republic's scope it sounds like, so instead of bickering, let's get to gether to remedy an outdated contract before Bedford pulls anymore shenanigans.

MY .02, Good luck to all and GOD's speed

I agree that especially Scott(now teamster) H. and Jay S. were more worried about protecting captain pay and bennies than making contract secure. They made a nineteen year payscale for captains and left scope on the table. That does not excuse what was done by old mngmnt and being done now. IF MR. Bedford is truly a Christian, I can point out many, many examples of him violating basic, fundamental Christian beliefs.

All that aside, the past is the past, the big question now is where do we go from here? Republic pilots just got a memo that was signed electronically from RAH EXPO and MEH MEC, only our MEC never signed off on it. I am really starting to wonder. 3000 pilots and what is going on. No wonder Bedford does whatever he wants. Did RAH ever even do a merger fund. I have read many complaints about them not being able to get off of a trip or whatever. 3,000 x 25 =75,000 x 3 =225,000, for a cost of 25.00/month for three months, you all would have quite a fund. I don't understand???

Somebody asked about AirTran. We were "promised" many things when we saw MEHs future business model. Our MEC backed the plan early, but as you can see toward the end there was not much faith in what was going on. That is all moot anyway as there is no way the BOD would've turned down that all cash offer from NWA. I was early on against the AT plan thinking it would drag us all down, ME and AT, but as things progressed AT looked good to me. But hindsight is always 20/20. It is like drinking too much, it feels good at the time, but be careful where you wake up the next morning.

It looks like to me that we need to get this done soon, get a contract and fight Bedford, not each other, but the lawyers will never let that happen and this will drag and cost millions. I wish that everyone could be pragmatic about our problem and work toward a common solution. F9 already won and bypassed Republic's scope it sounds like, so instead of bickering, let's get to gether to remedy an outdated contract before Bedford pulls anymore shenanigans.

MY .02, Good luck to all and GOD's speed
Great post. I agree the teamsters are looking like a bunch of clowns. How do you go about signing a letter for someone else? I think I will write a letter promising a whole bunch of contract improvements and sign BB's name. I guess it's the old quote that fact is stranger than fiction. I think the RAH pilots need to step up and demand competent representation. Not having even started a merger fund is just negligent.

:erm: First off your facts are wrong.
1: We did not loose anything to Colgan. Bedford gave up the Saab flying and Colgan took over the leases on the Saab's because he did not want any props on property. They still have I think 2 of our old "A" models flying. "AND" no Shuttle was not going out of existence!!
2: The Last Shuttle Saab Flight was at the end of November of 05: not January of 06
3: When we merged, I was an "FO" and not a Captain!! I lost 300+ numbers on the CHQ list. FO's with less seniority than me were upgrading before I was based on my original date of hire. MY PAY WAS NOT PROTECTED! My Benefits/401K, everything, is based around my merged date of hire. So Yes I got Screwed!! We were merged on a 7 to 1 ratio. 7 CHQ FO's to 1 S5.
4: Our Captains with 11 years seniority, became FO's. They kept their Saab captain pay yes, but lost longevity pay/benifits when they upgraded like the rest of us.

Knowing your facts might just come in handy next time!!!!!;)

So where exactally was Shuttle going then if not away? Like I said, you lost your flying to Colgan, lost your leases to the Saabs...how do you operate an airline with no airframes?

How do you lose 300 spots when your company only had like 94 pilots on the list, in essence you lost about 90 spots. If it was a % intagration you would have been placed further down on our list. You moved infront of several FO's who came from other regionals becasuse CHQ was growing at the time. Your pay was PROTECTED, you still had a job and now your a Captain at RAH. What was your career expictation at old Shuttle? Saab captain in IAD for life? The only people at old Shuttle who got screwed were the original 9/11 CHQ furloughs who took the job at shuttle giving up their senority # at CHQ in the process :(

Last edited:
How do the "old shuttle" captain rates compare to what you're making now? Or even the 11 year Captains for that matter. You'd have to assume that even with giving up their longevity at "old shuttle", their pay is higher at year 1 "70 seat" pay. Not to mention if they were at old shuttle for 11 years, chances are they weren't going anywhere. Their career outlook in general is better at RAH if they are staying at the regional level.

And btw IT'S LOSE NOT LOOSE GO BACK TO FU*KING HIGH SCHOOL!!!
Lose, Loose, looooooose, looooooooooooooooooooooooose. Who gives a rats crap how it's spelled, I'm not here for a spelling "B".:rolleyes:
I see your point of view but you are failing to see mine. Fact is you don't understand all the facts and there is a little more than just career expectations. Perhaps you need to see things from my or "Old Shuttle" points of view. However you are not or were not Old shuttle so that Will never happen.

Take a Prozac and chill out for a while!!

So where exactally was Shuttle going then if not away? Like I said, you lost your flying to Colgan, lost your leases to the Saabs...how do you operate an airline with no airframes?

How do you lose 300 spots when your company only had like 94 pilots on the list, in essence you lost about 90 spots. If it was a % intagration you would have been placed further down on our list. You moved infront of several FO's who came from other regionals becasuse CHQ was growing at the time. Your pay was PROTECTED, you still had a job and now your a Captain at RAH. What was your career expictation at old Shuttle? Saab captain in IAD for life? The only people at old Shuttle who got screwed were the original 9/11 CHQ furloughs who took the job at shuttle giving up their senority # at CHQ in the process :(
Again some of your facts are wrong!! WE DID NOT LOSE FLYING, THE FLYING WAS GIVEN AWAY AFTER THE MERGER WAS ANNOUNCED!! There was a plan in place March of 05 when the Merger was announced to start fazing out the Saab's in late summer or early fall of 05. If RAH Never bought S5, which you needed mind you, We would have kept flying the Saab's for united and who knows what the future held.

Pay was NOT PROTECTED!! It was supposed to be but was NOT!!. We were told that we were going to keep our Longevity for pay/401k/heath care. Good Ol'e Geney Sowell signed it away with out the consent of the union or S5 pilots. So I am a year behind on pay based on my original date of Hire. Over 20 years if I stay here that long which it looks like I am going to, is allot of money.

Some of our S5 Captains "Should" be at 10-12 year pay now. Yes it is more than if we were still at Old shuttle so I do understand your point of view, and yes Expectation are far better at RAH. I am just stating the point that our pay was NOT protected. If it was I would be at the next pay tier according to our contract.

"IF", we had been given date of hire, I would be 300 numbers higher than I am now. So I took a 9-10 month hit on my seniority based on my original date of hire. HOW MUCH OF A SENIORITY HIT DID YOU TAKE??? Ummmmmmm NONE!!!!;)

Yes the JR. CHQ FO's Got screwed too, but so did our Sr. Captains who incidentally, lost their left seat privilege and for some 10 years seniority.
I have no feeling of Ill will towards you or any chq pilot by any means. We have a great group of pilots with great experience that I am happy to be a part of.

You had a good group of Union Reps whom I know personally And respect and I am glad they are now My reps. However, you do not understand my stand point and you never will. You were on the winning side of the arbitration, by a landslide!!! So don't sit there and criticize my point of view!!

Come on we really didn't NEED it, Bedford couldn't get the Republic certificate past that POS POI in Indy and was tired of paying AA(30K and month) penalty money for the 170's on the CHQ certificate. It was a good move in the end because now we DO need that extra certificate for the shell game he's playing.

I just can't wait to see what is going to become of this mess we are in now. No ill will here, you guys will now be fighting with us.

Pay was NOT PROTECTED!! It was supposed to be but was NOT!!. We were told that we were going to keep our Longevity for pay/401k/heath care. Good Ol'e Geney Sowell signed it away with out the consent of the union or S5 pilots. So I am a year behind on pay based on my original date of Hire. [/QUOTE said:
Pay protected does not mean longevity protected.... Pay protected means you do not make less than before, even if it means going to a new level of longevity.
Maybe you can recapture your lost longevity in your next contract, make sure you let your reps know it's a priority....

Come on we really didn't NEED it, Bedford couldn't get the Republic certificate past that POS POI in Indy and was tired of paying AA(30K and month) penalty money for the 170's on the CHQ certificate. It was a good move in the end because now we DO need that extra certificate for the shell game he's playing.

I just can't wait to see what is going to become of this mess we are in now. No ill will here, you guys will now be fighting with us.
I am right beside you....I just hope that the bloodshed is not too bad. RAH did need the S5 certificate for Scope reasons. My understanding was that United or Delta only allowed up to 70 seats . The MidAtlantic birds were 72 hence why the 3RD certificate was needed. If the Republic certificate had been approved on time then S5 would be flying for UsAir/Midwest, because originally we had an open certificate.

Either way water over the Dam, I assume that there will be some sort of consolidation of the certificates at some point to further cut down on internal costs! I wish I had a crystal ball to see this place in 5 years.

We are either going to Implode or Explode!!!!

Safe Travels.

We are either going to Implode or Explode!!!!

Dear Jesus/Allah/Buddah/Spaghetti Monster,

I pray Bedford gets butt raped by someone who has aids. Please answer my prayer.

God bless,
Citationlover

Latest resources

Back