Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Repeat after me:

“It doesn’t commit anybody to anything and has no short-term financial impact.”

But you gotta love it when pilots get all jazzed up about MOUs.

Republic/Frontier merely needed some "good press" and needs to somehow convince potential investors to sink money in to the endeavor. You can't come out and say we shrinking!! invest money in us.

McAdoo said it wasn’t clear how Republic would be able to buy Airbus neos after agreeing to buy 40 CSeries planes in February 2010 with a value of $3.06 billion. “The company says they question their own financial outlook,” said McAdoo, who rates Republic shares “underperform.”

That says it all

Bedford. It's fun to watch this guy work, when your not in contract negotiations with him. Oil has been above $100/bbl and Frontier has been losing some money, so he preaches doom, gets his pilots to agree to some wage freezes and benefit cuts. (More power to the Frontier pilots, do what you feel is good for ya'll). Takes the poor hat to GE and Airbus gets them to cut near term expenses for a promise to buy 80 jets starting in four years. Now oil already down to $95 a barrel, and he has spots as the launch costumer for the C300 and the Airbus 319NEO. If either program (airplane or engine) falls short he can just take the other aircraft. If both do well he can sell positions for which ever one he doesn't like. It's almost artful.

I ,however, am still making $37/hr with no upgrade in sight.

Get pilots to agree for wage decreases in return for equity in the company. Then price a secondary offering to raise capital for the planes, diluting the current equity holders. That's if they can get anybody else to sink money in.

And they haven't recalled a single Midwest pilot..........

And they won't.

Midwest's OWN ALPA MEC SOLD THEIR OWN PILOTS DOWN THE RIVER in order to keep their jobs.

You had to be on Midwest property and actively flying when the ax fell. If you were furloughed, tough sh*t...you lose.

Gotta love that ALPA brotherhood.

ALPA's new motto: "F-You. I got mine, you get yours."

Bubblehead,

You are an embarrassment.

And they won't.

Midwest's OWN ALPA MEC SOLD THEIR OWN PILOTS DOWN THE RIVER in order to keep their jobs.

You had to be on Midwest property and actively flying when the ax fell. If you were furloughed, tough sh*t...you lose.

Gotta love that ALPA brotherhood.

ALPA's new motto: "F-You. I got mine, you get yours."

Damn right. And then I get a letter from ALPA saying "We audited your account while at Midwest, and we didn't charge you enough while we were busy giving your job to another union". Or something close to that. Now I owe back dues. wtf.

Get pilots to agree for wage decreases in return for equity in the company. Then price a secondary offering to raise capital for the planes, diluting the current equity holders. That's if they can get anybody else to sink money in.

You missed "file with the NMB asking to delay the current/ongoing representation election to delay STS status."

Yup, BB filed yesterday.

Maybe the fact that BB got the Frontier pilots to take consesions one day, and goes out and tries to pick up 80 new planes the next will be what it takes for the F9 guys to see how ********************ty of a person BB an Co. are. I hope all of you F9 guys get what you want. You sure as hell seem eager to cooperate with whatever BB wants. You will see where that gets you. Not that it matters. Based on what I see in MKE on a weekly basis, the experiment that is the Frontier operation is toast by years end. There just simply will not be enough pilots to staff the airline, or costumers paying high enough ticket prices to keep it going. You can't treat people that bad for that long with that much competition at all of the F9 hubs and expect people to keep paying premium prices. Not to mention hubs that require deeiceing almost every airplane everyday for 3-4 months straight. I did several 4 days last winter that included 7 deiceings a day for 4 days straight. Hard to make money that way.

Latest resources

Back