Republic / Chautauqua CASM ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

Can someone confirm that Chautauqua is set up as a Company, held within Republic Airlines Holdings, that is privately held by Wexford Capital? Is CHQ privately held?

I'm trying to find an annual report for CHA to find their operating cost per seat mile. Most airlines publish this information in their annual report. Anyone know where I could find this CASM figure for 2002?

Thanks,
~~~^~~~

Can someone confirm that Chautauqua is set up as a Company, held within Republic Airlines Holdings, that is privately held by Wexford Capital? Is CHQ privately held?

This is correct except the holding company is "Republic AirWAYS Holdings" vice "Republic Airlines Holdings." It is privately held. There was to be an IPO about 6 months ago to take RAH public, but it was postponed due to the condition of the stock market. No further word on the IPO.

republic

just looked at climbto350. republic is looking for d/o and dispatchers. Any new news lately on whats happening?

US Airways ALPA doesnt want Republic either. They have denied to give the jets to Republic Airlines and since they have to approve it things appear to be at a stand still.

April 28, 2003

Letter from US Airways MEC Chairman to US Airways CEO

Mr. David N. Siegel

President & CEO

US Airways, Inc.

2345 Crystal Drive

Arlington, VA 22227

Dear Mr. Siegel:

Letter of Agreement 83, Accelerated Small Jets, states “no aircraft will be placed into revenue service for Republic Airlines under the US Airways code except with the approval of the Association.”

The Association has been informed that the pilots of Chautauqua Airlines, represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, ratified the “Jets for Jobs” protocols on March 28, 2003. The Teamsters represent this ratification to be “unconditional”.

Since the Chautauqua pilots have now indicated that they are willing to participate in the “Jets for Jobs” program, the Association sees no need for Republic Airlines to operate as a US Airways Code Share partner. With the approval of the "Jets for Jobs" protocols, US Airways should immediately implement the terms of paragraph 2.E. of Letter of Agreement 83 and place additional Chautauqua small jets into service in accordance with the Letter of Agreement.

Sincerely,

Captain William D. Pollock

MEC Chairman

WDP/ep

Cc: US Airways MEC

E.E. Sowell, General Counsel Teamsters Local 747

CHQ CASM

1997= .230
1998= .240
1999= .218
2000= .161
2001= .131

1Q 2001= .150
1Q 2002= .118

Prospectus dated 7-1-02. Hope this helps.

It appears you work for ASA (based on aircraft flown). How do those numbers stack up against ASA and Comair numbers? I started to dig through the DAL annual report and then gave up since it seems ASA, Comair and Delta are all grouped together.

The last data I could find on ASA directly was in 1997. ASA CASM that year was .169/mile

Last edited:
Thanks, what kind of prospectus is that? How does one go about obtaining a copy?

Yes, I fly for ASA, but the company has not reported that in a while. We are in contract negotiations...

The prospectus was issued by Merrill Lynch & Co., Deutsche Bank Securities, and Ramond James. Not sure if its still available since the IPO was pulled. You might try to call these brokers and tell them you are insterested in the IPO when it becomes available. I know from experience if you have an account at one of these brokerage houses it becomes much easier to get info. The shares will be offered on the NASDAQ National Market under the symbol "RJET."

Latest resources

Back