Reporting From Ground zero......! Uh crap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

Well if there was such a thing as a perfect storm this is her..Frances has been overhead for over 12 hours now, its been kicking the sh*t out of us here near KTIX next to the Kennedy Space Center..

Winds and rain are tearing up the area, trees and power are down in many places....we saw a 124 MPH gust at the cape....this is horrible..most of the AWOS and other weather systens are down in the area, I am runnin on Generators and on a Internet SAT sys to get out....

No offense rvsm410, but you're pretty nuts for staying behind for that one. Luckily it weakened before it made landfall.

Sounds like you've got quite the setup there to be still surfin' the net while projectiles are trying to dismantle your house.

Let me guess, did you get a keg for the hurricane party? :cool:

Tampa is starting to get the worst of the storm now, I wonder if I should file a PIREP.

PIREP pilot reports, stay the hell out of here.

Long story......but I'm not there in person...

pilotman2105 said:
No offense rvsm410, but you're pretty nuts for staying behind for that one. Luckily it weakened before it made landfall.

Sounds like you've got quite the setup there to be still surfin' the net while projectiles are trying to dismantle your house.

Let me guess, did you get a keg for the hurricane party? :cool:
Well I'm not quite "in" the storm. My home has it's own generator and I have sat internet at my house (seen on my avatar)..further my house has a video security system with 8 cams I set them up to record the property during the storm and the inside cameras to view any damage....

So now from the safety of an hotel here in Missisppi where I evac'ed my family, I can log on to my home system to see what is happening at home, control some of the systems there like A/C and 4 lights.....My weather station went down when the wind gusts exceeded 105 kts last night....

So I'm not so crazy...I made reservation here last Friday..the 28th for this hotel and for one in Macon Ga depending on which way to storm went....yea I'm a weather geek, and predicted landfall between VRB and PBI last Sunday..i have been here since Wednesday to avoid the traffic problems....

So the hotels here in Mississippi near GPT are gouging the heck out of all those here from Florida...when I made reservations on the 28th I paid $49 a night, the folks that got here over the last 3 days, are paying $169/nt...sorry and I may file a complaint on there behalf before I leave the state on Wednesday....

Now its time to se what Ivan is going to do....looks bad at this time!

Eyw

Moved a Ctiation to EYW and sat it out in the Raddison. Sweet!! Headed back to FXE today. FYI, no weather info for FXE but if you cant get the ASOS at 954-772-2537, try FLL at 954-359-7857. Sure glad I filled my truck and jerry jugs with diesel before I left!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back