Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
Does anyone happen to have a list with the regionals that have bases out of JFK, LGA or EWR? Are these bases high up the the seniority list? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Here you go from the top of my head.

LGA - Eagle and Chit (For US Air). ACA LGA base is gone to CVG. Rumor of a Comair base there.

JFK - Eagle Saab gone, Trans States (DELTA) long gone, ACA (UAL) gone. As of right now I don't think any regionals have a base at JFK.

EWR - good old Coex, there to stay (and Jersey Chicks put out). Trans states for a short time with US Air but gone now.

Allegheny - big rumor for awhile of a base at LGA (not holding my breath) we did have a great one in ISP but you guessed it, they closed it.

BOTTOM LINE - the only regional that is hiring at this time with a base in NYC is CHITTACO for US Air at LGA.

Don't forget - Fracts

- Netjets TEB (tittyboro) and HPN (whiteyplaines)
- BizJet Solutions TEB
- Cit Shares HPN and EWR
- flight options/trav air - anywhere (?)

Hope it Helps

Also have cargo guys like:

Airnet: TEB- props and
Bankair-TEB and EWR - lear

various other operators in and out of tittyboro like millionair, atlantic ect....

If you are wanting to be a professional pilot, and you are not willing to move or commute, I can safely say that you will have a very difficult time. That is, unless you happen to live in a base for your favorite career airline, and your uncle is the VP of personel at that airline, and you know for a fact that he will be there when you are ready and they will never go out of business. I feel for you, since I grew up in a warm place and now have to live in the cold to do my job, but I've had to move six times for this career.

Good luck to you.

skydiverdriver,

Thanks for the reply. I have moved 3 times to get to the point I am at today, so I know what is required. Just thought I would set my choice of regionals by how easy it would be to get a base near NYC. My ultamate goal is Atlas/Polar which operates extensiverly(sp?) out of JFK. That is of course when the market picks up, and if Atlas is still in business....

Latest resources

Back