• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Pay & Days Off...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well tha't a new one on me as well. I got the per deim during training as well. I will have to take a look at the contract to see if that was removed. Now as for you CHEDDER HEAD my wrist is doing much better got the stiches out wed and started physical therapy yesterday. I truely hope to be back in two weeks and I have been told that I am pushing it a bit. See ya on line

WD

w17cfii,
Just wondering where your source is on the perdiem thinggy. I got the per diem and as far as I know they still give it out. If you did not get it then I would look into it. I am checking on it now. Also, What is a AA5A?
later, Cheez

Cheez,

It is in the new contract, i saw it there myself a few months ago and was surprised they changed that. No per diem for new hires until the first day of ioe.

RR

Hey Cheez,
That sounds correct....that's what Kristi told me the other day on the phone. No per diem until IOE.:( But at least they pay you well and put you up in your own room during training unlike some companies. Ummm....what's the United Express on the east coast ....$200 a week and you have to pay for your own room. You might as well bring a whole lot of KY with you as well as your credit cards to IAD for training. :eek:
I think a AA5A is some sort of Grumman....a Tiger maybe.
Jimbo

Last edited:
To you newbies,

You will find that this companies treatment of you before during and after training is top notch. You are going to make more money during training then your first couple of months on line sitting reserve. A room alone, AA, UAL, NWA none of them do this and you will find that a big comfort after training all day, you just come back to your room and lie around in your drawers and not have to worry about being offensive to someone. You guys are going to love it, just as I did and do. Once again welcome aboard...

WD.

I can't complain about ACA's policy during training. Yea you have to lube up and fork it over b*tch in the beginning, but when tax season comes I'll get a big, fat deduction for the 80 plus days I was in training.

Also, I spent only one month on reserve. Lat month I was 125 in the seat, this month I'm 95 holding a build-up line. Next month I'll be 85 or 83 in the seat and holding a hard line. And maybe I'll get lucky in the next couple of rolling bids and sneak in an upgrade in the J-41.

Tailwinds...

Hey been there and done that in the J-41 not too bad for a turbo prop, I enjoied my time in the thing. It's nothing but the fan now don't care If I ever see the inside of a prop plane again. I guess what we were trying to say was that it kinda sucks to have to pay for your own hotel while you are in training, as if you don't have enough to worry about already. Glad to hear that you were holding a line so soon after being hired. Do you guys have status written in your contract??? We do so once a line holder always a line holder. I don't think there are many carriers that have it.

WD.

Comair's first-year F.O. pay is currently $21.75/hr. for all aircraft types - no more turboprops, by the way! Per Diem is $1.60/hr. Second-year F.O. pay for people in class now will be $35.75/hr. with a 75 hour minimum monthly guarantee. Second-year F.O. pay on the 70 seater, which is going pretty junior among F.O.'s, will be $39.46 when you get to your second year.

Minimum days off is eleven until July 2003. Then minimum days off is "twelve ...in any thirty-one day bid period". That might be interpreted to be eleven days off during 30 day months and twelve days off in 31 day months. I guess we'll find out next September.

Pilots who started at Comair in December last year and January of this year sat reserve two or three months before becoming senior enough to hold a CD (high-speed, stand-up overnight, nap, whatever you want to call it) line. I don't think many of these pilots are senior enough yet to hold a "normal" line, although some pilots prefer the CD lines.

Those pilots who trained in March and beyond will have a longer time on reserve - at least until more new airplanes and routes are added. The good news is that CRJ flying scheduled for October has increased roughly 5% over July, August, or September totals. This may be due to Chatauqua's rumored struggle to get up to speed with the Orlando flying. Since the Brasilias are either going or gone (I'm don't know if there's any left, perhaps Guam360 or Anaconda could tell you) I think the CRJ has been used to pick up the slack until Chatauqua is able to move in.

I didn't count this month, but in August there were roughly 120 First Officers on reserve. Hope this helps.

Regards,
V-1

Latest resources

Back