Regional Airline Growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DOGTIRED

WHICH REGIONAL AIRLINES WILL BE EXPANDING THE MOST?
CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON ASA, COMAIR, ETC...I WAS RECENTLY FURLOUGHED, AND I KNOW ANY JOB IS BETTER THAN NO JOB. I HAVE A DESK JOB NOW AND IT IS KILLING ME. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

So, quick question.. your comment of "any job is better than no job"; does that mean you'd go to Freedom Air or agree to a "jet for jobs" deal just to be flying?

I just don't get it.. why are pilots so willing to sell there souls just to fly an airplane.. is this as good as it gets?

NO I WOULDN'T WORK FOR FREEDOM AIR OR REPUBLIC. WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT I WAS TRYING NOT TO BE DIFFICULT OR PICKY WITH WHICH REGIONAL TO WORK FOR. IT'S A DIFFICULT JOB MARKET RIGHT NOW. I WAS FURLOUGHED FROM ACA. I BELIEVE IN HOLDING UP THE BAR AND DEMANDING THE RESPECT AND COMPENSATION THAT WE DESERVE. MANY ARE SELLING OUT AND ITS SAD, VERY SAD. I'M TRYING TO FIGURE THE BEST ROUTE TO GO IN TODAYS MARKET. I'M NOT WILLING AND WON'T SELL OUT JUST TO FLY. I'M IN REAL ESTATE SCHOOL NOW FOR A BACKUP, BUT I ALSO MISS FLYING.

I guess you are dog tired from all the yelling...

TURN OFF THE FREAKING CAPS LOCK! IT IS ANNOYING TO READ EVERYTHING IN CAPS!

Dog....

apparently we (Comair) will still hire another 130 this year and the same for next year (per our president about two or so weeks ago). Course this can always change.

I must say...after reading the posts regarding pay and work rules, I am extremely happy being here (despite the strike).

BTW, turn off the CAPS...that usually indicates YELLING!!!!! <grin>

Sorry for the caps. The computer progam that I use at work requires all caps. I guess i'm used to it. Thanks for the info.

Latest resources

Back