Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Resume Writer

Hi Everyone,

My sister sent me this information in an email. She has spent a great deal of time over in Asia, as she taught the military children on different bases for the Department of Defense in Japan and South Korea (I believe). She also adopted a Chinese daughter a few years ago, so she has seen it all over there.

Here is what she wrote:

>>I am so saddened by the tragedy that has hit Asia. This stands to be the worst natural disaster ever. I have been to some of these parts of the world, and oftentimes, the shirt on their back is all that these people have. They will not be able to adequately do what needs to be done (I won't get graphic here) with the little that they have.

If you are moved to do so, you can go to www.amazon.com and donate to the Red Cross. It's cool - I've been watching the counter of donations and the amount donated climbs with each reload of the page. Americans are so generous. The minimum amount is $5. If you can afford to, please do what you can. It's all tax deductible (a bright spot as December 31 looms).<<

I hope everyone can donate a little bit. I feel very badly for these people.

Kathy

No problem, Snoopy!

Everyone, please forward that information to everyone you know. I have posted it to several e-lists to which I belong. Aside from everything being washed away and people being dead, the greatest problem now will be the diseases that come afterward.

Very sad for these people...

Kathy

Resume Writer said:
If you are moved to do so, you can go to www.amazon.com and donate to the Red Cross. It's cool - I've been watching the counter of donations and the amount donated climbs with each reload of the page. Americans are so generous. The minimum amount is $5. If you can afford to, please do what you can. It's all tax deductible (a bright spot as December 31 looms

bummp

Thanks Kathy. As someone that went through two of the hurricanes in FL this summer, it's certainly the least I can do after receiving so much help from around the country.

Don't forget about how the Red Cross collected money in the wake of a recent tragedy...then decided to only disburse a fraction of the donations received towards the cause for which those donations were made.

I urge everyone to offer help however they can...just think twice about donating money through the Red Cross. There are organizations out there with higher levels of integrety who can perform the same function.

I just went through paypal directly to UNICEF. Hate to donate to big orgs. as lots of money gets "used" along the way....

V-1 said:
Don't forget about how the Red Cross collected money in the wake of a recent tragedy...then decided to only disburse a fraction of the donations received towards the cause for which those donations were made.

I urge everyone to offer help however they can...just think twice about donating money through the Red Cross. There are organizations out there with higher levels of integrety who can perform the same function.
For informational purposes....please name them.

The Times of India does a good job of coordinating relief donations for disasters that impact India. We chose not to go that route this time, and donated instead through Americares. It's just a personal preference of ours not to use the Red Cross after the way they initially planned to use funds donated to them immediately after the Sept. 11 attacks.

https://www.americares.org/donate/?id=South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund

Regardless how anyone chooses to contribute, kudos to those who chose to do so. Those of us who've traveled to these parts of the world understand how truly fortunate we are.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back