Reasonable pay for pilots......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Palerider957

For the board, we all seem (myself included) like to b.itch and moan about our sh.itty pay. Here is the question:

What should a National/Regional pilots be paid? Should it be based solely on seats? Or should type of aircraft be considered?

At my airline the ATR-72 pays the same as the CRJ200, but not as much as the CRJ700- although they have very similar seat capacity--is this right?

Perhaps we should make as much as the majors make--per seat, or per revenue passenger.

We all bit.ch, but tell me what we should be asking for as Captains and FO's and waht we should base that on. I definitely have my own ideas, but I'm intersted in input from the board.

All thoughts are welcome............................

Sub 20K for first year FO's is just unacceptable. This is all i have to offer.

Palerider957 said:
For the board, we all seem (myself included) like to b.itch and moan about our sh.itty pay. Here is the question:

What should a National/Regional pilots be paid? Should it be based solely on seats? Or should type of aircraft be considered?

At my airline the ATR-72 pays the same as the CRJ200, but not as much as the CRJ700- although they have very similar seat capacity--is this right?

Perhaps we should make as much as the majors make--per seat, or per revenue passenger.

We all bit.ch, but tell me what we should be asking for as Captains and FO's and waht we should base that on. I definitely have my own ideas, but I'm intersted in input from the board.

All thoughts are welcome............................

I agree that the National/Regional pay should go up, especially towards the bottom. I do think that the majors and Nat/Reg get about the same hourly compensation per seat.

Example:

757 has around 182 seats
-Captain pay ~$250 an hour (a little less than $2 per seat)
-F/O pay ~$150 (a little less than $1 per seat)

RJ50 has 50 seats
~Captain pay~$110 (a little more than $2 per seat)
~F/O pay~$40 (a little less than $1 per seat)

Either way I don't believe that there should be any concessions from Comair or ASA.

One thing I think most of us here can agree on ......... pay needs to come up for National/Regionals.

Take care all,
NYR

Last edited:
What BRA said!

But now I'm gonna call you out and say that'll never change until people such as yourself stop taking jobs for such low pay.

Oh, and also until people stop using the phrase "Paying your dues".

Last edited:
Brett Hull said:
What BRA said!

But now I'm gonna call you out and say that'll never change until people such as yourself stop taking jobs for such low pay.

Oh, and also until people stop using the phrase "Paying your dues".

What should a regional FO make? About the same as a starting teacher, police officer or new college grad in any field. Around 35K plus or minus a few K's.

The guys at the regionals probably make less than some of the people working at Wendy's in terminal C in ATL. And we know those people deserve every penny they get!!! Not. I thought ATL was a hospitality town? Those people who work there are incredibly lazy.

Peace out.

I agree that most pilots are under paid. I don't see how you commuter guys pay your bills, but like previously posted it will never get better until pilots refuse to work for peanuts. I also understand that it's easier said than done...
FD

Hey at ACA they want give backs. Here are some numbers to crunch.
3 months of training at $200 a week =$2400
9 Months of Reserve 75 Hr Gur. @ 21.53 =$14,500 and some change

Thats $16,900 and a few pennies for a first year FO at one of the top paying Regional.

ACA Ramper at ORD $9.50 an hour on a 40 hr week = $1520 a month. or $18,240 a year with no overtime. And they want pay cuts. F*ck them. I will be furloughed by June or July here and that is fine with me. Vote No and save your what dignity we have left as pilots. I have worked at a lower payed airline, that is why I left and now this. F*ck them!!!!!!!!!!!

" Hey Mav you got that number to that truck driving school, Truck Masters I think it is, yeah I think I'm going to need that number!"

Skyway...

My feelings EXACTLY.......good luck.

SkywayFO said:
Hey at ACA they want give backs. Here are some numbers to crunch.
3 months of training at $200 a week =$2400
9 Months of Reserve 75 Hr Gur. @ 21.53 =$14,500 and some change

Thats $16,900 and a few pennies for a first year FO at one of the top paying Regional.

ACA Ramper at ORD $9.50 an hour on a 40 hr week = $1520 a month. or $18,240 a year with no overtime. And they want pay cuts. F*ck them. I will be furloughed by June or July here and that is fine with me. Vote No and save your what dignity we have left as pilots. I have worked at a lower payed airline, that is why I left and now this. F*ck them!!!!!!!!!!!

" Hey Mav you got that number to that truck driving school, Truck Masters I think it is, yeah I think I'm going to need that number!"

Go get em Skyway. Didn't management say they weren't going to cut anyone below 30K? What about pilots?

Latest resources

Back