• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Re: Upgrade time at Net Jets In Beechjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you actually read what I wrote you will see that I agree that NJA F/Os are underpaid. That does not mean that NJA F/As are overpaid. If you are saying that F/As are not a valuable asset I will not even get in this debate with you. Your comparisons at the end of your message are ridiculous. The very high majority of F/As that I have worked with have been in the profession for a very long time, have many valuable skillsets and are a huge asset. Your mentality and demeaning banter of other professions says alot. You don't seem like someone who has learned the fine art of CRM (CREW resource management). Many others in different professions have sacrificed and worked hard to earn the title professional. Don't think that you are the only one. Should NJA F/Os make more? Yes. Does that mean NJA F/As should make less, absolutely not. If you don't get that you are hopeless!

" I would imagine that the company now would have to consider paying 117 additional FOs captain bridge pay who should otherwise not be receiving the additional pay. It appears that diluting the pot with pilots being paid for positions that they do not actually hold lowers what could be available to give to those senior pilots who have dedicated more time to the cause"

"TWO CAPTAINS ON EVERY FLIGHT "

That is what is advertised and sold to the Owners. Everybody passes the same PIC checkflights and medical exams with the exception that designated FO's do not do the 135.299 checkflight.

Sales material also brags about the 9000+ average hours and the former Air Force ONE and Marine One pilots we have.... Guess what... those with the most hours right now are FOs... as are some of the Marine One and Air Force ONE pilots! They are being SOLD but not compensated.

I think if they advertise TWO CAPTAINS they ought to PAY two Captains.

Maybe as part of the new TA something should be worked out not to issue type ratings until upgrade. Would that solve the problem? I don't think many would like that. I hope you all get a fair and balanced quick contract. Based on the above expectations NJA would be the only company I know of with a single captain only payscale for flight crews. That is not realistic. A very livable F/O payscale is in your reach. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back