• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Racist BA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then it's talk about the boats, cars, houses they have and how ********************ty life has treated them.

FDJ,
Yes they have been through very difficult times and yes predominantly at the hands of the white man. The question is How Long? How long do we give them a leg up, or more correctly how much do we lower the bar for them because they have been disadvantaged in the past. Lets face it the African American man who has "made it" is probably sick and tired of now being told he only made it because he had a far from level playing field. This is to nobody's benefit including theirs.
How long before a man is "judged on the content of their character and not on the color of their skin"
If not now when an African American man holds the highest office in the land. When?
Food for thought.
OB

In the case of African Americans, 300 hundred years of slavery, 100 hundred years of defacto discrimination and disenfranchisement and all is fair now? Don't examine the legacy left behind of higher unemployment, lower wages, infant mortality rates etc. let's just call them losers and wash our hands of the legacy of dicrimination and prejudice. :rolleyes:

I'm not African American, but from where I sit, looking at the history of this country, I think it's fair to say that the playing fields not as level as you might presume.

I did not state that any race, creed, or religion is comprised of losers. What I stated was that if you are more willing to whine and cry about stuff which happened centuries ago, you are indeed a loser.....

I don't care who you are, or what you look like-if you go around blaming every personal affront, every slight, every missed opportunity on "the system" or "priviledged white men," you simply are making excuses for yourself, and your dissatisfaction with life-you are being a petty, shallow, and vacant person... Some people like myself would just say you are a hateful loser.

-Truth hurts, but who cares whether you can deal with it?

It's natural to be racist. It's how our brains process information in the abstract. It's advantageous when it systemizes information for productive purposes, but becomes socially unacceptable when it comes to human characterization. Unfortuantely, sterotypes tend to hold water. There's no right or wrong, just differences between and relative to the system one is functioning within.

I knew that you just had to be one of the first to chime in on this thread......defending racism as usual, pinhead.
This comment proves that you are a bigot. Now that we've established that its probably better if you sit this one out.

In the case of African Americans, 300 hundred years of slavery, 100 hundred years of defacto discrimination and disenfranchisement and all is fair now? Don't examine the legacy left behind of higher unemployment, lower wages, infant mortality rates etc. let's just call them losers and wash our hands of the legacy of dicrimination and prejudice. :rolleyes:

I'm not African American, but from where I sit, looking at the history of this country, I think it's fair to say that the playing fields not as level as you might presume.

Boo hoo. Ask the American indians how bad they had it or how about the Jews, gypsies, etc. in 1940's Germany.

FDJ,
Yes they have been through very difficult times and yes predominantly at the hands of the white man. The question is How Long? How long do we give them a leg up, or more correctly how much do we lower the bar for them because they have been disadvantaged in the past.

Let's start by accepting the general principle that all men are created equal. Some might be brighter, taller, have more hair, etc. , but as a whole, no one race is superior to another. If you accept that, then it should stand to pass that there should be no marked differences between levels of education, employment, infant mortality, poverty, etc.

Your statement suggests that the bar needs to be lowered, to accomodate African Americans. Why is that, why does the bar need to be lowered, are African Americans generally less qualified? If in your mind they are, then why? Is it because of their race, or because of 400 years of bigotry and abuse.

We have just recently begone to address the legacy of discrimination and prejudice, which by the way still exists, but maybe to lesser extent than before. So to answer your question about how long, I would suggest that the answer is until the disparities in education, employment, poverty etc. are narrowed to the point of statistical insignificance.

Lets face it the African American man who has "made it" is probably sick and tired of now being told he only made it because he had a far from level playing field.

I think the playing field was firmly levelled against him from the beginning. If he "made it", he made it despite the color of his skin, not because of it. Again, just a generality.

This is to nobody's benefit including theirs. How long before a man is "judged on the content of their character and not on the color of their skin" If not now when an African American man holds the highest office in the land. When?
Food for thought.
OB

I think we're making great progress in this country. I believe we are the only nation that has elected a racial minority to be head of state. That's a good thing, but unfortunately President Obama is the exception, not the rule. So long as African Americans live disproportionately in poverty and suffer disproportionately in so many social statistics, than we still have work to do to address the damage done by over 400 years of slavery and discrimination. We've made great strides, but we're not there yet. JMHO

Boo hoo. Ask the American indians how bad they had it or how about the Jews, gypsies, etc. in 1940's Germany.

Yep, the American Indians also have suffered and so have the people of Jewish faith, particularly in Germany, but we're not in Germany. What's your point?

Latest resources

Back