Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
What are you talking about?

a compressor stall means a fireball out of the inlet... right at the driver.

Grove said:
wow...

someone needs a girlfriend.

g

I'm sure his wife would approve.

Amazing. Here's a guy with great technical skills and a cool hobby, and he gets slammed, probably from guys whose weekends are spent golfing. Golf this, green that, wow did you get your Calloways yet? Then they drink beer, and mock a dude who gets his hands dirty with jet engines.

Gorilla said:
Amazing. Here's a guy with great technical skills and a cool hobby, and he gets slammed, probably from guys whose weekends are spent golfing. Golf this, green that, wow did you get your Calloways yet? Then they drink beer, and mock a dude who gets his hands dirty with jet engines.

:bawling:
Where's a sad violin sound clip when you need one.

It was a joke, not a personal attack. Release thy sphincter from the death squeeze.

I hate golf. Green what? What's a calloway? I can afford beer about once a week.

g

Last edited:
Well, you really need a little winkie or something if it was a joke. It looked simply that you were saying the guy was pathetic and needed a girlfriend/life.

Golfers tend to be the worst when it comes to exalting their own hobby and mocking others, as if chasing a little white ball around has some great merit to it as opposed to having mechanical and technical skills.

TrafficInSight said:
a compressor stall means a fireball out of the inlet... right at the driver.
Dangerkitty said:
No it doesn't.

Well, it could mean that. Compressor Stall

wikipedia said:
There are two general types of compressor stall.

The first, less severe type of stall, the "axis-symmetric stall", is a straightforward expulsion of air out the intake due to the compressor's inability to maintain pressure on the combustion chamber.

In the second, more-severe "rotational stall", the air flow disruption of the stall causes standing pockets of air to rotate within the compressor without moving along the axis. Without fresh air from the intake passing over the stalled compressor vanes they overheat, causing accelerated engine wear and possible damage.

In this case, I would say the first type would be more severe. :erm:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back