Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airmasn

Since most freight dogs are ex-military:
I sold a pair of Telex headsets to a supposed Navy pilot overseas (FPO) on amazon. He claims they do not work but that he had to etch his name in them prior to taking them to the flightline "per Navy regulations."
Seems like he's trying to send me his broken headset back and keep the one I sold him.
Is the etching a regulation or BS?

I sell on Ebay all the time, nd I am sure you buy and sell from stores.. do you think they would take your good back if you defaced them?? I would not take back somthing sold on ebay if this happened to me... period.. tell the guy since he etched his name in them, you cant take them back and sell them.. there his..

If Amazon get fussy over his complaint, you will be able to explain the situation and counter act it with your own comment if his feedback is negative about his purchase.. be nice and eaplin it to him, Navy regs or not.. your not in the military and he should have checked them out before personalizing them..

You probably already know this, but don't military headsets require a different impedance from civilian sets?

I dont see what this has to do with anything from the "seller" point of view...

A seller advertises something to sell... a buyer sees it, buys it, then etches his name on it, it's his... no return...

The point is the buyer knows, or Should know what his is buying and what he needs.. if not, ask questions and learn more before one makes a purchase...

He defaced the headsets so they can't be resold to someone else ever.. not by him and certinaly not by returning it to the seller...

Precisely. If the item sold was exactly as represented, worked as advertised and was fully functional (as this was) then there's no basis for complaint. The buyer is responsible for determining if a particular item will fit their need. In any event, once the item is damaged (etched) by the buyer all bets are off. One would think he would have checked the thing out BEFORE etching it.

Plus, his etching the headset may even be the cause of it not working anymore.
Sorry Iceman, no refund for you.

Since most freight dogs are ex-military:
I sold a pair of Telex headsets to a supposed Navy pilot overseas (FPO) on amazon. He claims they do not work but that he had to etch his name in them prior to taking them to the flightline "per Navy regulations."
Seems like he's trying to send me his broken headset back and keep the one I sold him.
Is the etching a regulation or BS?

He's telling you correctly. The Navy loves to put your name on everything. Tell him since he defaced them, to take them in and get them fixed, or to throw overboard on his next cruise.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back