Question???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ArcherB

I was wondering if anyone on this board has ever interviewed with an airline, been turned down then been lucky enough to get another interview and get hired? I have been wondering what my chances a second interview would be, and if they count that against you.

Thanks

I think most carriers encourage people to reapply after a certain period (6 months typically). We all know how different the industry is now, but back in 98-99 I had a couple of friends go for their 3rd interviews at United. IIRC one got hired after that interview.
Around the same time I sat on the interview board at a smaller regional. We hired a guy who was there for his second interview. He had a good attitude and decent expereince. I think his first time around he was just a bit green (I wasnt interviewing then).
Just becasue you arent sucessful in an interview doesnt mean a carrier wont hire you. Unless you were a complete bonehead in some way it may just be a case of 10 interviewees for 6 positions. Not all employers use the pool system, some just interview when they need to hire.

Either way it cant hurt. If you get called for a second interview they obviously saw something in you the first time around.

Good Luck!

two friends of mine had similar experiences at SkyWest-they each failed the sim, then came back and passed the 2nd interview 6 months later

Latest resources

Back