Question for the Comair guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

d.fitz

I am thinking about applying to Comair and have a few questions.
What are the current pilot bases? which ones are junior? How long are new hires riding reserve? How long to get an interview (assuming I am competitive)? How is Comair to work for?

I also will have to commute - any thoughts on that is appreciated! I am in Wichita, KS.

Thanks for the help!

Only one base, CVG. I've heard rumors about DFW, ATL, SLC, LGA and a few others as possible crew bases. Your guess is as good as mine.

I've been here since Oct and guys 8 numbers above me got a line for March.

Commuting is no problem for me (out of DFW). Comair has a commuter clause which I had to use for the first time this past weekend. I got no grief from scheduling.

Looks like you would have no problem getting an interview with your qualifications.

Come on over, it's not a bad place to be. P.M. me if you have any more questions.

I got online in September and could have had a line in March....the only reason it took me so long is because there was a slight new hire slowdown over the summer up til maybe Oct. I have been able to hold a CD line since Jan. So I was on reserve for about...3-31/2 mnths. Not too bad I think. I commute also so thats why I've opted out of holding a line for March. I may try in April though.

Latest resources

Back