Question for fractional pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Aeronca

I am just curious. Do any or many fractional pilots do any flying during their time off? Such as; Instructing, contract work, etc. Are their any company regulations that would prohibit this?

Thank you.

Being new to the Fractional business, I can only speak for myself and from what I've heard so far...

Most pilots do not fly on their days off since you'll be fairly burnt out by the end of your 5-8 day rotation. However, if you choose to fly on your days off, if it's commercial flying it must be reported to crew scheduling in order to keep accurate records for Part 135 requirements. Other flying is at your discretion, just don't let it interfere with your ability to report for duty!

On my off weeks I try to go fishing, but if I'm not fishing, and I get a call for some side flying hell yea i will, $300 or more a day for a few hrs work. Why not? especially if I have nothing else going on that day or two.

Last edited:
A lot of guys moonlight on their days off....I know Flight Options does not care about Duty time since all of their flights are conducted Part 91.

True, but at the same time, at Options, we are not allowed to fly on the side except for military and flight instruction and things like that.

I know many that work for FO and fly on the side....Anyway how can a company dictate what you do on your own free time???

Latest resources

Back