Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZaviator

El Capitan
Just curious if anyone knew what bases the recent newhires were getting at CHQ. Are any going to MCO? Are there talks of any new bases opening up? I read on here a few weeks ago there was a rumor that LGA and BOS could be closing. Any truth to it?

Thanks in advance for any info. :cool:

LGA & BOS

I've been hearing that rumor about BOS and LGA closing for a while myself....always from non-CHQ people. I've asked around and can't find anyone internally who has heard anything about it, and I also can't find anything to substantiate it. Unless someone out there can put some solid facts behind it, I'm writing it off as another one of those rumor mill items.
RR

Yea, I"m willing to bet that the rumors of LGA and BOS closing are just that. Rumors. Has ANYONE been assigned MCO yet?

Could anyone share some info on how CHQ determines seniority, and how they assign bases? Do you bid on bases in order of your seniority, or do they directly assign them to you?? Is seniority based on your birthdate, or SS#?

Thanks again for any info.:cool:

Seniority

Seniority is determined by your birthdate relative to the others in your class. I don't know of anyone from a new hire class that has been assigned to MCO yet. As someone else on this board mentioned, a lot of the new hires requested MCO, but most ended up at LGA and RIC. I really don't know how long it would take for someone to get to MCO, but over the course of a few months you'd probably have a shot at it. As for bidding for bases, you do submit a standing bid during indoc, and the base assignments are made known a couple of weeks later. I'm new with the company myself, but I can say this much...this is a real nice team to work with.
RR

MCO will open up for new hires soon. Right now there are pilots currently on line that are waiting. You won't get it out of training but wait a few months.

Can anyone post the times for the people that were hired in the latest class?

thanks
D

Latest resources

Back